Waterford Wedgewood move to Asia could be followed by others
- Cracks Appear In Waterford Wedgwood Strategy. // High Yield Report;6/14/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the sale of Ireland-based Waterford Wedgwood PLC's U.S.-based cookware subsidiary, All-Clad, to France-based cookware and domestic appliance business, Group SEB.
- SCUTTLEBUTT. // Inside Tucson Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p3
Reports the closure of Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) No. 48 operations in Arizona. Implications of the closure for the business enterprises in the area; Background of the FTZ; Products sold at the zone.
- FTZ: No more excuses. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/22/99, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the lack of participation of businesses in the Kent-Ottawa-Muskegon (KOM) Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) in Michigan. Fanfare given to the FTZ in 1993; Possible concern of business owners about bureaucratic rules and records on balance with benefits; Local companies' alleged lack of basic...
- At your service. Hindley, Angus // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/18/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the proliferation of free zones in the United Arab Emirates. Transformation of the emirates into the free zone center of the region; Magnet for small and medium scale investors; Features of the free zones that include the Jebel Ali, Hamriyah, Sharjah Airport International and Ajman...
- EQUITY FIRM BUYS CASHS OF IRELAND. TIERNEY, JIM // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);May2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of certain Irish and British assets of Waterford Wedgwood, including cataloger Cashs of Ireland, by KPS Capital Partners via the newly formed WWRD Holdings for an undisclosed amount. It notes that the transaction includes intellectual property in Ireland...
- Asian china through Stoke. // Motor Transport;6/12/2003, p28
Reports on the announcement of Bibby Distribution that its Route One business is unaffected by pottery firm Wedgewood's moving of production from its Stoke-on-Trent base to Asia. Remarks from Bibby Distribution's managing director Theo de Pencier on the role of the Stoke distribution center.
- Wedgwood axes staff and moves production to Asia. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;6/10/2003, p4
Waterford Wedgwood PLC is imitating vacuum cleaner manufacturing firm Dyson Corp., by moving part of its ceramics production to East Asia, shedding more than 1,000 jobs. The company has announced phased closure of two earthenware factories based in Stoke-on-Trent, England, resulting in the loss...
- Kingston-Ulster EDZ invests more than $43 million in '98. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p9
Reports on the investments of businesses located at the Kingston-Ulster Economic Development Zone in New York, in 1998. Growth of investments in the area since 1994; Breakdown of investments; Employment opportunities resulting from the investments.
- The economic transformation begins. Critchlow, Andy // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/15/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 33, p26
Reports on the Aqaba special economic zone in Jordan. Lot area of the economic zone; Number of business enterprises that have registered with the economic zone; Financial exemptions extended to the area.