Improving productivity in the financial sector
- Set a Course for Blue Oceans. Thompson, Elizabeth // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;3/12/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses several value-innovation methods for financial-service providers in the U.S. The Filene Research Institute worked together a group of credit union professionals and developed value innovation methods to explore new markets and products. They place traditional financial...
- HR managers unplug. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce (10928332);Apr97, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p36
Presents frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the human resource (HR) call centers. How and why HR call centers have evolved; HR managers' benefits from the call center; How employees can benefit from the center; Services provided by the call center. INSETS: Five tips for successful call...
- Baltic exchange. Taylor, Chris // People Management;7/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p39
Provides information on the growth of the call center industry in Sweden and examines the development of human resource management practices. Development of clusters of call centers in the country; Factors that contributed to the industry's growth; Comments from Philip Cohen, a British...
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT. // Henley Manager Update;Winter2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Discusses several articles on human resources management. Alternative production models of call centers; Elements of high involvement practices; Details on the low discretion and high-commitment approaches.
- Call centres under pressure to change sweatshop image. // Management Today;Feb1999, p9
Discusses some of the problems confronting call centers. Problems of low morale, high stress levels, and absenteeism; Downsides of the call center industry's rapid growth; Attribution of personnel problems to stiff competition between centers and the intensity of work; Perception of call center...
- Personnel development. Reed, David // Precision Marketing;7/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p17
Studies work-based personnel development programs to counter high staff turnover rates in call centers. Importance of quality in both response handling and fulfillment; Large-scale direct response operations selling low-margin products as a way to acquire customers.
- Churning questions. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p46
Highlights the recruitment and selection of employees for call center work in Great Britain. Attributes of call center personnel; Cost of recruiting in the industry; Psychological testing on employees for specific jobs.
- Give morale support. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;9/30/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p63
Argues that there is a need for effective personnel management strategies in call centers in Great Britain. Discussion on the introduction of call centers for business organizations; Importance of motivation to call center staffs; Management of employees in call centers. INSET: Institute News.
- Naugatuck Valley Gets Big Picture in Risk Management. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;6/9/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 88, p0
The article reports on the move of Naugatuck Valley Savings and Loan to modify its enterprise risk management. The financial firm decided to do this after seeing inefficiencies, wasted man hours mount and regulatory oversight. The company implemented the WolfPAC enterprise-wide risk management...