UK firms sweeping away the cashflow blues
- BCC predicts 0.9% growth for UK during Q4. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;1/7/2014, p1
The article reports on the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) quarterly economic survey on Great Britain businesses growth which found 0.9 percent growth during fourth quarter (Q4) of 2013. Topics discussed include improvements across the services and manufacturing sectors, cash flow in business...
- BUSINESS INDICATORS. // Supply Management;12/2/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p54
Presents key business indicators in Great Britain, as of December 2, 2004. Retail sales; Cash flow; Construction orders.
- Achieving targets and finding new business. // Builders Merchants Journal;Sep2009, p25
The article discusses the issues in acquiring customers and finding new business in the current market condition of Great Britain as stated in the "Builders Market Journal" Market Monitor survey. To achieve the sales target is the number one issue for branch managers in the construction...
- Tread carefully around the green shoots of recovery. Excell, Jon // Engineer (Online Edition);7/3/2013, p4
The article discusses developments in British business and economy. According to the Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) of financial information services company Markit, a measure of business of and economic conditions, the British manufacturing sector experienced an increase to 52.5 in June 2013...
- Networks must keep up strict AR supervision. Titcomb, Lesley // Mortgage Strategy;5/4/2009, p24
In this article, the author discusses the need to maintain strict appointed representative (AR) supervision in Great Britain. She is critical of the principal's responsibility for the supervision of ARs in the bleak economy. The author observes that the maintenance of cash flow to cut costs in...
- Experian Corporate Health Check. // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 11/12, p3
Reports that profit margins at leading companies in the United Kingdom have risen to their highest level since 1989 according to Corporate Health Check produced by Experian. Pre-tax profit margins; Performance of the engineering sector; Profit margins the advertising and media media.
- Editorial. Baker, Carol // Credit Control;2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6/7/8, p2
Editorial. Discusses the results of a survey conducted by Grant Thornton which reveals that British business owners are more optimistic about the economic outlook and business prospects in 2003 than most of Europe. Average pessimism and optimism balance; Countries with the highest pessimistic...
- Small manufacturers still suffer. // Credit Management;Jul99, p12
Reports on the hardships faced by small and medium-size manufacturers in Great Britain. Negative economic trends; Low business confidence.
- Start-ups increase. // Credit Management;Oct99, p12
Reports on overall increase in the number of business enterprises in Great Britain for 1998. Decline of registrations in the agriculture, production and construction sectors.