High Heels & Hunting
- A-Hunting We Shall Go. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;3/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p34
Announces that the National Rifle Association (NRA) has released its 2002 ladies-only hunt schedule in the U.S.. Scope of the hunts activity; Aim of the NRA hunting program for women.
- Do women attract bears? Buni, Catchi // Backpacker;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Investigates the most pervasive misconceptions concerning women's health in the outdoors. Absence of scientific evidence that suggests menstrual odors precipitate bear attacks; Women's tolerance of cold; Advantages women enjoy at altitude.
- Scale new heights. // Heart & Soul;Oct2001, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p19
Recommends mountain climbing for outdoor recreation of women.
- NWTF issues call to women. // Bowhunter;Jun/Jul98, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the National Wild Turkey Federation's Women in the Outdoors program. Sponsor of the program; Activities of the program; What women participating in the program will learn; Contact information available.
- Cosmo's LIVE-OUTSIDE guide. Perron, Celeste // Cosmopolitan;Aug2002, Vol. 233 Issue 2, p192
Suggests several outdoor recreational activities for women to do in the summer season.
- Outdoors Education. Odahlen-Hinz, Marlene // Bowhunter;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p67
Presents several outdoor recreations for women. Details of the Becoming an Outdoors-Woman Workshop; Accounts on the Does and Bows, a bowhunting event for women of White Oak Plantation; Contact information for the Women in the Outdoors programs of the National Wild Turkey Federation.
- Outdoors-woman workshop. // New York State Conservationist;Aug96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, Wild in New York p7
Announces the holding of the workshop called Becoming and Outdoors-Woman Workshop on September 27-29, 1996 at the Greenkill Conference Center in Huguenot, Orange County, New York. Co-sponsorship of the workshop by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation; Contact information.
- Hot spots. Katz, Dian // Lesbian News;Oct98, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p37
Cites several events and developments focusing on outdoor entertainment and activities for women in the United States. Includes walk for breast cancer sponsored by Avon Products Inc.; Casita's Laquita as a private retreat for women in Palm Springs, California; Album release of singer/drummer...
- New outdoor group forming. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/ 4/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 14, p3A
The article offers information on the first organizational meeting of the Dallas, Texas chapter of DIVA Women Outdoors Worldwide to be held in Marble Falls, Texas on April 11, 2012.