Nursing Forests Back to Health
- HAVE YOUR SAY ON FRM REGS. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p5
Reports on key issues relevant to draft regulations by the Great Britain Forestry Commission which is designed to implement a directive on the marketing of forest reproductive material. Details about the directive; Implications for forest seed collection and forest nurseries.
- Hedging their bets. Wall, Eammon // Forestry & British Timber;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the tree nursery industry in Scotland. Major tree nurseries in the country; Volume of annual yield; Profitability; Export trade.
- FORESTRY REPORTS. Ayer, Carol A. // Journal of Forestry;Jul2013, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p298
A bibliography on the subject of forestry reports is presented including "Forest Nursery Pests," "Climate Projections FAQ," and "What Is Agroforestry?."
- Genetic diversity of Bradysia difformis (Sciaridae: Diptera) populations reflects movement of an invasive insect between forestry nurseries. Hurley, B. P.; Slippers, B.; Wingfield, B. D.; Govender, P.; Smith, J. E.; Wingfield, M. J. // Biological Invasions;Apr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p729
The fungus gnat, Bradysia difformis (Sciaridae: Diptera) has recently been recorded for the first time from South Africa where it has been found in forestry nurseries. The presence of this insect in all the major forestry nurseries as the dominant and only sciarid species raises intriguing...
- IDENTIFICACIÃ“N Y DESCRIPCIÃ“N DE LAS ECTOMICORRIZAS DE QUERCUS ILEX L. SUBSP. BALLOTA (DESF.) SAMP. EN UNA ZONA QUEMADA Y UNA ZONA SIN ALTERAR DEL CARRASCAL DE NAZAR (NAVARRA). De Roman, M.; De Miguel, A.M. // Publicaciones de Biologia Serie Botanica;dic2000, Issue 13, p1
Since 1998, a field study has been undertaken in a Quercus ilex L. subsp, ballota (Desf.) Samp. forest located in Nazar (Navarra, Spain). This study aims to establish a qualitative and quantitative comparison between the ectomycorrhizal morphotypes which have been collected, described and...
- I'm a forest nurseryman -- get me out of here! Gwilliam, David // Forestry & British Timber;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
Recounts the author's experience of managing a forest nursery. Start-up costs and activities; Background on the business of forest nurseries; Profitability.
- Rebuilding a tropical forest Whelan, Tensie // Environmental Action;Nov/Dec1987, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
No abstract available.
- Focal point seed zones: site-specific seed zone delineation using geographic information systems Parker, William H. // Canadian Journal of Forest Research;Feb1992, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p267
No abstract available.
- The Devil's Bargain. Gangioff, Deborah // American Forests;Summer2009, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p7
The article presents an introduction to articles published in this issue including an article on revised forest protocols in the U.S., another on clean energy and low carbon legislation and an article on strategies to reduce wildfire emissions by using woody biomass.