- The Decline of Apple Pie. // Saturday Evening Post;7/25/1942, Vol. 215 Issue 4, p100
The article focuses on the qualities of apple pie. It relates the story of a miner who has had apple pie for lunch everyday for almost forty-five years. Apple pie signifies the traditions of the American culture. The pie is made from apple concoction and composed of fresh apples and sugar.
- A POCKET FULL OF PIE. // Better Homes & Gardens;Nov2005, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p270
Features a pie that is full of spicy apples. Flavor of the pie; Technique of baking the pie; Ingredients of the pie; Texture of the pie.
- how to make apple pie. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);6/16/2003, Special Section p34
Presents the recipe for Apple Pie.
- easy as Apple Pie. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses various methods of preparing apple pies. The author also enumerates the different varieties of apples and what type of preparation would fit each. The procedure of preparing pie crusts is also detailed in the article. Aside from regular pies, the author also discusses...
- A PIE THATS HANDMADE. Swearinger, Richard // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct2006, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p226
The article presents a simple recipe for pie as the apple season is coming soon. An easy recipe for the no-roll pie crust involved only a simple press, pat and place. Press the dough to an even thickness up sides of pie, plate and form a rim that will hold in bubbling juices. Pat out the circles...
- First of the Top Ten Fruits is the Apple. // Saturday Evening Post;2/4/1956, Vol. 228 Issue 32, p12
The article focuses on apple. According to some theological scholars, the term apple in the original language of the Bible was generic and could be translated to apply to any of a number of fruits. The fruit can be simmered in its own juice inside golden-brown piecrust. A U.S. apple comes close...
- Making apple pie. Klima, Nancy; Ito, Yoriko // Ladybug;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
Highlights the way to make an apple pie.
- Fry Up Sweet Comfort. recipe; LOLLEY, PAM // Southern Living;Sep2013, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p130
A recipe is presented for Fried Apple Pies.
- Apple pies and tarts. // Gourmet;Oct94, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p132
Presents recipes of pies and tarts using apples as its main ingredient. Apple `Flag' Tart; Apple and Dried-Cherry Lattice Pie; Maple-glazed Breakfast Apple Tarts; Pink Applesauce Meringue Tart with Hazelnut Cookie Crust; Fig and Apple Phyllo Tart; Individual Upside-down Apple Tarts.