CANOEING IN THE HUDSON
- Media spotlight threatens Tasmania's lost sea world. Thwaites, Tim // New Scientist;6/17/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1982, p6
Reports that a `lost world' of strange marine creatures in Tasmania, Australia is at risk after being revealed in a television report. Broadcast of the report around the world; Site of the marine community; Interest of zoologists on the estuarine community.
- Biodiversity in Hudson River shore zones: influence of shoreline type and physical structure. Strayer, David; Findlay, Stuart; Miller, Daniel; Malcom, Heather; Fischer, David; Coote, Thomas // Aquatic Sciences;Jun2012, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p597
The shore zones of the Hudson River, like those of many developed waterways, are highly varied, containing a mix of seminatural and highly engineered shores. Our goal was to document the biodiversity supported by different kinds of shore zones in the Hudson. We chose six common types of shore...
- Bark canoe. // Boys' Life;Jun91, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p59
Explains how to make a tiny replica of a birch bark canoe that can be used as a slide. Materials needed; What color to paint it.
- Whitewater canoeing the Chattooga River. // Backpacker;Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 8, Trailside p8
Discusses the experience of canoeing on the Chattooga River along the Georgia/South/North Carolina border. Force of current; Maximizing boat control; Classification of rapids.
- Fear Of Frying. Mershon, Ann // Backpacker;Feb2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the decline in the number of canoeists at the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota.
- Gently down the stream, then gently back up again. Weber, Elizabeth // Christian Science Monitor;8/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 194, p19
Offers the author's reflections on her experiences canoeing down a river.
- Canoeing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, Leisure Guide p59
Presents a list of companies offering canoeing lanes in Long Island, New York.
- Canoeing. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/5/95 Supplement, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p69
Lists canoeing places in Long Island, New York.
- Paddle and pitch. Huggler, T. // Outdoor Life;Jun92, Vol. 189 Issue 6, p24
Considers how canoes are the ultimate camping craft and are indispensable for exploring truly wild lakes or floating suburban streams. Tips on buying a canoe; Used canoes; Packing tips.