What A HOOT
- Late chicks waddle back to the wild. Bright, Kate // Wildlife Australia;Winter2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p8
Reports that two malnourished and severely dehydrated penguin chicks were brought to the Taronga Park Zoo's Wildlife Clinic in New South Wales. Efforts exerted by the clinic to save the penguin chicks.
- To the rescue. Crosthwaite, Roger // Australian House & Garden;Sep2010, p261
The article presents the author's views on the importance of animal resue.
- OWL. JAZYNKA, KITSON // National Geographic Kids;Feb2016, Issue 457, p24
The article details the rescuing of a one-year-old northern saw-whet owl in New York City. Topics discussed include the discovery of the injured owl by a property owner, the physical examination of the animal by urban park ranger Rob Mastrianni, and the medication prescribed to reduce the pain...
- RAIN FOREST RESCUE. // National Geographic Kids;Sep2007, Issue 373, p18
The article focuses on the rescue of wildlife at the Caroni River in Venezuela. The government constructed a new dam on the Caroni River, threatening the survival of all the creatures living in the valley. An organization of rescuers worked hard to save the wildlife in the path of the flood....
- RETURN TO THE WILD. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p5
The article reports return of a coyote pup to the wild after being rescued from a wildfire just north of San Diego, California in May 2014.
- Tap into your wild streak. BERRY, EMI // Money (Australia Edition);Oct2011, Issue 139, p32
The article offers information on an Australian wildlife rescue service, Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Services, or WIRES.
- Hedgehog RESCUE. Elder, Scott // National Geographic Kids;Apr2008, Issue 379, p30
The article describes how an orphan baby hedgehog in Scotland was saved. When the owner of a backyard heard the hedgehog's cries, she wrapped it in a towel and gently placed it into a box with a warm water bottle. Then she drove the hedgehog baby to the Hessilhead Wildlife Rescue Trust, a nearby...
- THE BEST OF A BAD SITUATION. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the rescue of two-month-old fox kits at the Cape Wildlife Center.
- OWL Rescue. JAZYNKA, KITSON // National Geographic Kids;Sep2013, Issue 433, p24
The article relates the story of how raptor specialists Angela Cistone and Chad Zierenberg have rescued two baby owls which were blown out of their nest on a windy night at a vineyard in Napa Valley, California. Cistone and Zierenberg brought the owlets to the Wildlife Rescue Center to check...