Turkey Said to Be Building Wall along Border with Syria
- The Race for the Next President. Kall, Brian // Military Technology;2015, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p6
The author reflects on the nomination for candidate for the U.S. president for 2016 and states about Republican Donald Trump as strong candidate for the president of the U.S. Topics discussed include importance of analysis of the impact of Trump's candidacy and election to US Commander in Chief...
- Turkey increases efforts to catch foreign jihadists. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;2/23/2015, p46
The article focuses on the security measures taken by authorities in Turkey to crack down foreign jihadists joining violent extremists organizations including the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in neighboring countries. The case of British citizen Cabdiwahb Cige Moxamed, who was...
- ISIS advances. // World (0888157X);11/1/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p10
The article reports on the battle engaged by Kurdish fighters in Kobani, Syria to hold back Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militants as they advanced to the city adjacent to the border of Turkey.
- Hungary to Seal Border With Croatia. // Transitions Online;10/26/2015, p16
The article reports that Hungary will close off its border with Croatia on October 16, 2015 after talks conducted following the migrant crisis along Europe's periphery. Topics include the meeting of the national security cabinet conducted to address the migration crisis, and the tensions caused...
- MIGRANT AND REFUGEE CRISIS IN EUROPE: WAS PANDORA'S BOX OPEN? Stanojoska, Angelina // Journal of Liberty & International Affairs;2016 Suppl. 1, Vol. 1, p10
The article discusses how countries deal with migrants under their own immigration laws and processes, but countries deal with refugees through norms of refugee protection and asylum that are defined in both national legislation and international law. The difference between foreigners coming...
- Bill would allow State to revoke passports. Wong, Kristina // Hill;9/24/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 101, p12
The article focuses on a bill introduced by Republican Senator Dan Coats to strengthen border security against threats from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
- The Battle for Modernity on the Borders of Kurdistan. MCCANN, DARYL // Quadrant Magazine;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 59 Issue 1/2, p8
The article explores the offensive attack of the Islamic State organization against Kobani, Syria on September 16, 2014. It mentions that it is intended to annihilate the Kurdish enclave to obtain control of the extended stretch of the Syrian border with Turkey. It notes that the battle depicts...
- Scary Perry Foments Fear that Terrorists 'Could Be' Coming from Mexico. HIGHTOWER, JIM // Progressive Populist;10/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p3
The author reflects on Texas Governor Rick Perry who warned in August 2014 that jihadist militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria could be penetrating into the U.S. from Mexico and criticizes Perry for rebranding himself as an expert on border security.
- IS Gains Ground In Syria, Iraq. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/13/2014, pA01
2 The Islamic State controls about 40% of Kobani, the besieged Syrian Kurdish town near the Turkish border, a White House official said, as IS fighters took control of gov't buildings near the town center. A U.N. observer said that a "massacre" is imminent. U.S. airstrikes intensified. France...