Early and Often
- Voters in Ketchikan, Alaska, Face $70 Million Deal for Dock Expansion. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32197, p5
Reports on the hold of a referendum for voters to decide whether the city should issue revenue bonds to expand the cruise ship docks in Ketchikan, Alaska. Aim of the bonds to reconfigure the existing docks and allow for the docking of four large cruise ships; Role of port revenues to support the...
- Economy, Jobs Take Center Stage in Region's Upcoming Ballots. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32251, p32
Reports on the hold of several bond elections in the Middle West. Detection of fewer local bond issuers who bring ballot measures in a non-presidential election; Consideration of a bond proposal that combines a popular local capital funds program with a jobs program in Ohio; Inclusion in the...
- Wary Texas Voters Reject Nearly Halfof$1.3B Sought at Elections. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p1
Reports on the endorsement of new bond authorizations by voters in Texas. Opposition of voters on the new debt sought by Spring Independent School District; Other bond proposals being opposed by voters; Need of schools of new facilities because of the state's steady growth in students.
- United Bond Bills? Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p33
Reports on the anticipation for the Ohio state legislature to vote on whether to place a combined bond referendum on the November 2005 ballot for debts intended for projects around the state. Stand of Republican House Speaker Jon Husted on the bond measures; Support of Governor Bob Taft to lump...
- Houston Bond Referendum May Include Refunding Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p44
Reports that Houston, Texas Mayor Lee Brown is considering increasing the authorization amount of a November 2001 bond referendum. Suggestion about the possibility of allowing more debt to be issued without raising taxes; Refunding sale; Additional bond proceeds.
- Bond Questions Find Stout Support at Polls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p1
Reports on the approval of 84 percent of multi-billion dollars in bond initiatives according to results of 30 bond referendums in Dallas, Texas. Approval of several improvement projects with approval of the bond initiatives; Authorities that participated in approval of the bond initiatives.
- Opportunity seen in vote on Quebec. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;10/2/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the opportunity for bonds purchasing in Canada emerging before October 1995's referendum on Quebec's secession. Grim repercussions of a secession vote; Key issues for bond investors on Quebec's independence; Comments from Canadian companies' officials.
- Broncos fans try to drum up support for stadium election. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p43
Reports that supporters of the Denver Broncos football team are planning to start circulating a petition on June 26, 1998 calling for a referendum on a new stadium in Denver, Colorado. Asking of voters to approve $260 million of revenue bonds to help pay for the stadium's construction; Need for...
- Election Results. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p22
Presents election results of bond measures in the United States. Approved measures; Amount; Plans for the proceeds; Defeated proposals.