Bonds All Around
- Ohio's Eyes Are on Dayton. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31649, p1
This article reports on the plan of the Dayton City School District in Ohio to sell bonds in the week starting June 2, 2003, as financiers struggle with revised state school funding rules and complex federal tax regulations in order to take advantage of favorable market conditions. Whether that...
- Authorization in Limbo. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p1
Roughly $381 million of bonds approved by voters in November 2002 for Richland County School District No. 1 in South Carolina could be in jeopardy due to a dispute over the wording on the ballot possibly being misleading. Voters were seemingly misled as to exactly how the bond proceeds...
- FACTORS AFFECTING SCHOOL DISTRICT CHOICE OF BONDS. Gamkhar, Shama // Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Taxation;2002, p396
Examines the factors affecting school district choice of bonds in the U.S. Use of lease purchase revenue; Changes in school district debt; Insight to school district behavior.
- Hard-Hit Rhode Island City's Plan to Restructure Deficit Notes Pays Off. PHILLIPS, TED // Bond Buyer;2/28/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33473, p8
The article offers information regarding the plan to restructure deficit notes pays off by the city of Rhode Island . It also states that the Fitch Ratings has revised its outlook on BBB-minus debt to anticipate the bonds' pricing and implementation of measures to meet the budget problems of the...
- S. Carolina District Takes BEST Approach to Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p4
Reports that the Greenville County School District in Greenville County, South Carolina plans to sell 70 million dollars of general obligation bonds on August 27, 2003 to make debt service payments on bonds issued in the year 2002, in a unique financing arrangement designed to keep the district...
- Some Texas Schools Find It Harder to Get PSF Guarantees. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p36
With more school districts in the state facing financial hardships, the Texas Education Agency is rejecting an increasing number of requests for guarantees from the Permanent School Fund for local school district bond issues, in some cases prompting those districts to turn to private bond...
- Charleston, S.C., Schools to Sell $226M in Bonds and Bans. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p3
Reports that the Charleston County School District in South Carolina has marketed a deal that is structured with short-term and long-term debt. Capital needs if the district; Coverage of the deal; Maturity of the bonds.
- The Option to Swap. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/19/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31865, p1
Reports that the Scranton, Pennsylvania School District was close to enter into swaption of two outstanding debt issues. Proceeds of the swapping of issues; Uneasiness of the district's board to the swapping plan; Statement of superintendent John R. Williams.
- Richland School Drops. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32150, p35
The article reports that Standard & Poor's last week lowered its rating on Richland Parish School District No. 3 to BBB from BBB-plus, affecting about $8.4 million of debt. According to analyst Hilary Sutton, deficit operations have decreased the general fund balance from a high 32.4 percent of...