- Carriers slam rise in airport charges. Taylor, Ian // Travel Weekly (UK);3/14/2008, p4
The article reports that airlines have called for the break-up of airport operator British Airports Authority (BAA) and an overhaul of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) after the CAA announced a hefty increase in landing charges at Heathrow and Gatwick airports. EasyJet, Ryanair, Virgin...
- ALL THE ANSWERS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/12/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 28, pP25
The article presents views from experts about the growing practice of airlines to charge extra fees for ancillary and other services, including South Point marketing director Tom Mikovits, Century Travel president Bertha Steinberg and Community Associations Institute of Nevada executive director...
- A pound to 'spend a penny'. Craigie, Jim // Money (Australia Edition);May2010, Issue 123, p40
The article elaborates on the efforts of many airlines, which include Ryanair, JetBlue and Virgin Blue, to introduce check-in baggage fees.
- Airports, Airlines Clash Over Proposed Increase in PFCs. DUTTON, AUDREY // Bond Buyer;5/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33312, p6
The article reports on the dispute between airlines and airports executives on proposed increases in passenger facility charges in the U.S.
- MILEAGE AND POINTS REINSTATEMENT FEE. Chen, Amy // Real Simple;Jul2010, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that major airlines could institute up to 25 dollars in reinstatement fee for credit card holders who failed to effect payment on time but want to regain their mileage and points toward free airline tickets or hotel stays.
- GUIDE TO TIPPING TIPS. Huang, Clement // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Dec2014, p40
The article offers guides on service tipping in various countries. Topics discussed include the 15 to 20% of the bill rule of thumb for tipping in U.S. establishments, 10% but not obligatory tip in Great Britain, and 5 to 10% recommended tip in Germany. Also discussed is the illegality of...
- Charges challenge. // Airline Business;Dec2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p7
Comments on the user charges imposed by airports on airlines. Complaints of airlines on the high user charges during the recession; Growth in the profits of airport landlords; Profitability gap between airports and airline groups.
- Gloves off. Pilling, Mark; O'Toole, Kevin // Airline Business;Dec2002, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on the partnership between airlines and airports as it redoubles its efforts to achieve user charges. Complaints on airlines on high user charges; Calls for lower landing charges in major airports in Japan; Fundamental questions on the issues on user charges.
- Travel Industry Scrambles To Keep Current On Airlines' Fees. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p2
The article reports that airlines have continued in adding optional fees from luggage to pillows, forcing travel agents, travelers and other that are involved in booking tickets in trying to keep up with the ever-changing charges.