Biotech Boom: Upgraded Arizona State Selling $103 Million
- Measuring the Economic Impact of University-Based Research. Bessette, Russell // Journal of Technology Transfer;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3/4, p355
University research has propelled the United States into world-class leadership, but continuing that momentum in the 21st century requires major funding. Both the public and private sector have risen to meet that financial challenge through increased support of university-based research. Since...
- Rating Rowan U. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p35
Reports on Moody's Investors Services' assignment of an A2 rating and a stable outlook to the $62.8 million revenue bond issue of Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey. Affirmation of the rating of the university's $238 million outstanding debt.
- Citing Imbalance, Moody's Drops DePauw U. to A3. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/30/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33491, p4
The article reports on the lower ratings of Indiana liberal arts school DePauw University's long-term rating from A3 to A2, according to Moody's Investors Service, for March 2011.
- University of Central Missouri Outlook Brightens. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;3/5/2015, p43
The article reports that credit ratings of University of Central Missouri had been revised by Standard & Poor's Financial LLC including stable to positive outlook for its a rating and stable to positive for its A-minus rating for 2009 educational facilities housing system revenue bonds.
- AMERICAS. // Monitor;Nov2011-Apr2012, Issue 43, p19
The article offers news briefs in Americas in 2011 including the announcement that Chile becomes the region's 16th state on September 26, a meeting for the creation of an academic experts' network in Colombia, and the intention of Parliamentarians group to mobilize support for Rome Statute (RS).
- Ariz. Seeks Biotech Buildup. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31617, p1
Legislative leaders in Arizona are gathering support for the issuance of more than 400 million dollars in certificates of participation to make the state a major research center through the construction of 12 high-tech buildings on three university campuses. That funding scenario, which places...
- Private Colleges in Trouble. // America;7/9/1966, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p25
The article focuses on the need for State legislatures to support private university education that face financial loss due to fewer students and faculty. It is stated that churches should also support their colleges or break off their relationship and permit them to be private nondenominational...
- UCSD Joins Potent Biotech Consortium. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the establishment of PharmaStart initiative among the colleges in San Diego, California. Participation of the scientists in the consortium; Enhancement of the biotechnology industry; Generation of funding from foundations and pharmaceutical firms.
- WSU Spokane starts hosting e-mail forum on biotechnology. // Journal of Business (10756124);10/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 22, pA18
Reports that the Washington State University at Spokane, Washington has created an e-mail discussion group on biotechnology. Pool information and expertise.