Renton, Wash., School District Set to Sell $100 Million, At Last
- S. Carolina 'Congress' Kicks Off Effort To Redraft Curriculum in Seven Subjects. Flax, Ellen // Education Week;9/4/1991, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p32
The article reports that school districts and local government agencies in Chicago, Illinois are speeding up bond issues to head off a new tax law that will force program cutbacks as predicted by educators. The legislature passed the measure in an effort to provide tax relief for suburban...
- Texas Officials Close Wilmer-Hutchins ISD. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/29/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32164, p4
Reports that a state-appointed board of managers in Texas has shut down the Wilmer-Hutchins Independent School District for a year, and won't allow it to reopen unless voters approve bonds to rebuild the district's schools and significantly increase property taxes. Termination on the contracts...
- Pennsylvania School District Appeals IRS Ruling That '96 Issue Is Taxable. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p6
The article reports on the appeal of a Pennsylvania School District on the ruling of the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1996 bond issue is taxable. The school district may sue up to eight parties to the transaction. Bondholders should be protected from taxation and deal...
- State Journal. Cavanagh, Sean // Education Week;4/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p22
On April 1, 2003 voters across Illinois agreed to raise taxes for schools, or support education-centered bond measures, in 51 of 114 local ballot initiatives. In a state where the financial outlook for hundreds of schools ranges from fairly troubling to downright calamitous, education advocates...
- As Kansas' Funding Fiasco Goes On, District Plans $73M Sale. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31886, p30
Reports on the plans of Johnson County Unified School District 512 to issue general obligation bonds in Kansas City, Kansas. Effect of the ruling about the state's school finance formula on the sale; Struggle of poorer districts to find money to replace crumbling schools; Complaint of taxpayers...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34199, p10
Tables are presented that show the results of competitive bond sales in the U.S. as of October 2014 that include the refunding bonds issued by Mayflower School District No. 78 of Faulkner County, Arkansas, general obligation bonds from Bloomfield, Connecticut, and tax anticipation notes, Series...
- School District's $46M Sale Highlights Pennsylvania's Property Tax Debate. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32241, p3
Reports on the sale of bonds by the Chambersburg Area School District in Pennsylvania. Citations of the company which set the price for new-money and refunding general obligation funds; Conditions under the Act 72 property tax plan; Objection of opt-out districts on the property tax plan.
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.