Arizona Special Session on Prison Funding Will Likely Be Contentious
- Special session starting Nov. 6 keys La. future. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the special session of the Louisiana Legislature to discuss the destruction caused by hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Discussion on businesses, housing and education at the session; Recovery measures by legislators; Budget deficit of the state.
- Statehouse ripe with cinematic potential. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p32A
Presents a satirical analogy of the 2002 Indiana General Assembly concerning tax cuts and budget deficit. Cinematic analogy of the assembly; Similarity of the assembly to 'The Deer Hunter' movie; Involvement of politicians in the assembly.
- Arkansas' New Session Fraught With School Funding Concerns. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p25
Reports on the meeting convened by the Arkansas legislature on January 13, 2003 that focused on the effect of the state's education funding on its fiscal 2004 budget. Additional costs that would be incurred by the state; Plans of the governor of Arkansas regarding consolidation of schools in...
- Spending Hearing on Tap. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p9
The article reports on the scheduled public hearing on the proposed infrastructure spending for the biennial cycle which was called by the Washington House Capital Budget Committee in Washington, D.C. at one thirty in the afternoon on March 16, 2007. It covers that the committee expects to...
- Legislature pushing to empty prison beds. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/18/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 52
Comments on the renewed commitment of Louisiana's legislative body to reduce the number of inmates in the state's prisons. Programs proposed to facilitate better prison services; Estimates of how much the prison program will cost.
- Cash-Strapped Nassau County, N.Y., Approves a $2.2 Billion 2002 Budget. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the approval of Legislature to the proposed operating budget for Nassau County, New York for 2002. Disclosure on the amount of the proposed budget; Viability of the spending plan to overcome the 2001 crisis; Reason behind the opposition of the Republicans to the spending plan.
- Legislature Passes $720 Million 2003 Capital Budget. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p4
Reports on the approval of the capital budget for fiscal 2003 by the Maryland General Assembly. Estimate of the total amount of the budget; Provision of funds to various state and local projects through the issuance of bonds; Recipients of the funds.
- How to help fix city budget. // Crain's New York Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
No abstract available.
- Hall of shame award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/15/95, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p1
Criticizes the New York State Legislature for not approving the state budget by the April 1995 deadline. Consequence of the lawmakers' failure.