Indonesian wood sneaks past US border
- HOW HARDWOODS MAKE THE GRADE. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p11
Focuses on a new system of grading the appearance of Great Britain-grown hardwoods. Message of Forestry Commission Scotland business development adviser; Recognition that the in-house visual grading systems being used by many hardwood sawmillers for their products could be confusing for...
- Solid-liquid nuclear magnetic resonance relaxation and signal amplitude relationships with ranking of seasoned softwoods and hardwoods. Fantazzini, P.; Maccotta, A.; Gombia, M.; Garavaglia, C.; Brown, R. J. S.; Brai, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;10/1/2006, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p074907
In 1H NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) relaxation measurements for a set of eight hardwood and softwood samples, each free induction decay (FID) is fitted by the sum of a �solid� signal of the form A exp[-c(t/TS)2][1-g(t/TS)2+h(t/TS)4] plus a �liquid� signal B exp(-t/T2-FID)....
- How lumber dealers grade wood. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p86
Provides information on various types of lumber. Description of framing lumber; Basis for grading boards lumber; General designations of lumber.
- Reduction in kiln-drying time for black cherry lumber. Scholl, Matthew S.; Blankenhorn, Paul R.; Stover, Lee R.; Ray, Charles D. // Forest Products Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p77
Green No. 1 and No. 2 Common black cherry 4/4-inch-thick lumber was dried using carefully selected kiln schedule modifications. The lumber was inspected for end checks, surface checks, shake, twist, bow, cup, and crook prior to kiln-drying. Once inside the kiln, the lumber was dried using a...
- Asian-African Strategic Partnership. Sukarnoputri, Megawati // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p23
Presents an excerpt from a speech by President Megawati Sukarnoputri of the Republic of Indonesia at the First Asian-African Subregional Organization Conference in Bandung on July 29, 2003 which focused on the strategic partnership of Asia and Africa.
- Lives opposing force. Torregrosa, Luisita Lopez // Vogue;Apr98, Vol. 188 Issue 4, p246
Profiles Megawati Sukarnoputri, opposition leader in Indonesia. Politic career of Sukarnoputri; Background information on Sukarnoputri; Information on Indonesia; Comments from Gus Dur, friend of Sukarnoputri.
- Megawati begins to act and sound more presidential. Murphy, Dan // Christian Science Monitor;5/22/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 124, p10
Focuses on the role of Vice President Megawati Sukarnoputri of Indonesia, her popularity, and her political life as the confidence in President Abudurrahman Wahid wanes.
- Hostage to terror. Maher, Michael // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/29/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6348, p26
Discusses the terrorists attacks on Bali Islands and examines the political aspects under the presidentship of Megawati Sukarnoputri in Indonesia. Views of Amien Rais, chairman of the national legislature on the internal conflicts among the top leaders in the country; Comments made by various...
- Dazed and Confused. Cochrane, Joe // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/29/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6348, p58
Reports on the reaction of the Indonesian president Megawati Sukarnoputri, following the bombings in the Sari Club, Bali Islands on October 12, 2002. Opinion of critics on her presidentship and governance skills; Advise provided by the U.S. administration on the possible terrorist attacks by...