Report: Billions of Dollars at Stake If Internet Tax Ban Becomes Permanent
- CUMULATIVE INDEX. // Accountancy;Jul97, Vol. 120 Issue 1247, p79
Examines a tax case arising from Britannia Building Society's advertising campaign in Great Britain. Facts of the case; Claims and contentions of opposing parties.
- Mediation under Announcement 95-2: IRS proposes dramatic extension of alternative dispute... Wood, Donald F.; Adams, Robert D. // Tax Executive;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p29
Addresses the use of mediation in resolving tax disputes. Overview of the traditional mediation process; Reasons behind the success of mediation; Benefits of mediation; Scope of the proposed mediation procedures; Agreement to mediate; Selection of a mediator; Disqualification of mediator in...
- Announcement 95-2: Appeals mediation. // Tax Executive;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p140
Presents the Tax Executives Institute's comments on the Internal Revenue Service's Announcement 95-2 relating to appeals mediation. Scope of the mediation procedure; Denial of request to mediate; Involvement of decision makers; Selection criteria for mediators; Confidentiality of the procedure;...
- Property tax appeals: The appraiser-attorney team approach. Spiegel, Robert J.; Berton, Robert J. // Appraisal Journal;Jul95, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p325
Illustrates the benefits of combining the expertise of an appraiser and an attorney in property tax appeals. Discussion of California's real estate tax appeals; Roles of an attorney and an appraiser; Preparation of appraisal reports; Example of three approaches to a 360-unit apartment complex.
- Surprise tax bills strike. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p1
Reports that the tax change made in 2000 is responsible for higher tax bills that is a great matter of concern for companies in Lancing, Michigan. Details regarding the tax bill designed in 2000; Effect of tax bills on real estate investment companies; Other businesses that are likely to be...
- Looking for something positive? Offen, Trevor // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec1999, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p68
Reports on developments related to tax appeals in New Zealand as of December 1999. Includes titles of cases; Background on the cases; Tax court's rulings; Bases for the courts' decisions.
- Tax protest deadline is June 1. // Malakoff News (TX);5/29/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 22, p1A
The article reports that the deadline for the filing of tax protest in Texas will be on June 1, 2009.
- VIRGINIA. // Property Tax Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p7
This section presents news briefs on property tax cases and rulings in Virginia as of June 2010, including the ruling by the Commissioner of Virginia's Department of Taxation on tax exemption from the local business, professional and occupational license tax on sales, tax assessment of a...
- Refusal doesn't negate IRS notice. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p24
Presents a court ruling rejecting a taxpayer's argument that she never received a notice to contest tax deficiency claims from the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS).