For Some Hospitals, Getting HUD Mortgage Insurance Is Now Easier
- The reform watch. Sloane, Todd // Modern Healthcare;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p26
Offers views on the proposed Medicare reform in the U.S. Background on the Medicare program; Stand of the Republicans towards the Medicare reform; Way U.S. President George W. Bush could win support for his proposed Medicare reform.
- Bush Drug Plan Draws Support From Health Industry. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/5/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p61
Reports on the support of health insurers and agents for the proposal of United States President George W. Bush to help states provide prescription drugs for low-income beneficiaries. Proposed funding for the states; Concerns over the plight of the senior people in the country.
- Remarks in a Discussion at the Liberty Community Center in Liberty. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/21/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p1064
Presents remarks from U.S. President George W. Bush during a discussion at the Liberty Community Center in Liberty, Missouri on June 14, 2004. Discussion on the benefits of Medicare system to seniors; Modernization of the Medicare system; Ways to inquire about the Medicare Drug Discount Card.
- Bush and his cabinet woo women business owners. Applegate, Jane; Enrico, Cliff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/1/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p11
Outlines the plans of U.S. President George W. Bush to boost entrepreneurship. Support for association health plans; Reduction of the cost of health insurance for employers; Issues on death tax.
- 'Healthy Children Don't Need Heatlh Insurance' // Human Events;10/20/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 38, p4
Broadcasts the reflections of a group of undecided voters in Saint Louis, Missouri about the statement of presidential candidate George W. Bush that healthy children do not need health insurance.
- Michigan, Nebraska officials critical of Bush Medicaid funding curb. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p6
Reports on the negative reaction of Nebraska and Michigan to U.S. President George W. Bush's proposal to end immediately, rather than phasing out an intergovernmental transfer program that states have used to maximize federal Medicaid funds. Estimated amount that will be lost by the two states;...
- Bush small-biz plan opposed. Morrison, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p1A
Reports on the disputes over the decision of the U.S. President George W. Bush to reduced the costs of health insurance for small businesses. Opposition of Anthem Inc. on the insurance policy; Provisions of the bill; Reduction of administrative costs.
- Amid controversy, Medicare bill signed by President. Dickinson, James D. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the medical bill signed by the U.S. President George W. Bush. Efficacy of the law; Provisions of the bill; Impact of the bill on government's deficit.
- National reimbursement news which impacts Massachusetts: Medicare to stop paying for 'medical errors'. Crotty, Mary // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Jan2008, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses the decision of the Bush Administration to eliminate a Medicare fund that currently covers medical errors in U.S. hospitals. The Bush Administration announced that Medicare will stop paying hospitals for treating certain medical conditions that could have been prevented,...