Publishers Getting the Last Laugh with Humor Books
- Andrews McMeel Releases Princess Diana Book; People Running Serial. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p3
Reports that Andrews McMeel Publishing has released â€œDiana, the Portrait,â€ a book written by British journalist Rosalind Coward in the U.S. Book serial publishing in the February 2005 issue of â€œLadies' Home Journalâ€; Assertion of director of publicity Rebecca Murray that...
- BRAINIAC. // Arizona Foothills Magazine;Sep2011, p36
The article mentions Pocket Posh game books from Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC.
- AMP Reissues Self-Published Book of Poems. // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 41, p9
This article reports on the decision of Andrews McMeel Publishing to release a second print run of 15,000 copies of "Love & Misadventure," a 176-page volume containing 75 poems by Australian poet and artist Lang Leav, as of October 2014. The company has released the book in print and digital...
- Intervisual Books looks for better '97 after tough '96. // Publishers Weekly;6/23/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 25, p14
Reports on attempts by Intervisual Books Inc. to improve sales. Distribution by Andrews McMeel Publishing; Initial list for distribution, including works by Jan Pienkowski, David Carter, Mick Inkpen and Richard Scarry; Comments from Waldo Hunt, Intervisual chairman; Changes in its product mix;...
- Andrews McMeel Expanding Calendar Business In U.K. // Book Publishing Report;2/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the move of Andrews McMeel Publishing to expand its calendar business in Great Britain. The company formed Andrews McMeel Publishing UK as sales and distribution subsidiary that will be in-charged for the distribution of calendars. This division will be launching its 200...
- TOM THORNTON WILL LEAVE STAMP ON AMP. Astor, Dave // Editor & Publisher;Mar2005, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p65
Focuses on the retirement of Tom Thorton as president and CEO of Andrews McMeel Publishing at the end of 2005. Reason for the retirement of Thorton; Career background; Contributions of Thorton to the company.
- Troll Moving Distribution to AMP. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p16
Reports that Troll Communications has reached an agreement with Andrews McMeel Publishing (AMP) for AMP to be Troll's exclusive distributor to the trade market. Terms and effectivity of the agreement; What Troll is known for.
- AMP Gets Geddes; Cedco Takes Harry. Milliot, Jim; Farmanfarmaian, Roxane // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p12
Reports that Andrews McMeel Publishing will become the North American copublisher for books and calendars created by Anne Geddes. Estimated number of copies of Geddes' books that have been sold worldwide since 1994; Licensing rights won by Cedco Publishing, Geddes' distributor in the United States.
- Day by Days. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p28
The article reports that though wall calendars and desk diaries remain the mainstay of the publishing business, publishers are bringing increasingly imaginative and interactive titles and formats to the marketplace. It describes the At Ease: Navy Men of World War II from Abrams. It reveals two...