Big Three's Failure
- Annual exercise in frustration: calculating the income tax bill. Brandon, Hembree // Southeast Farm Press;4/6/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
The author offers his opinion on calculating the income tax bill in the U.S. which he believes needs simplifying as people have trouble understanding or answering a thirty-six page Internal Revenue form.
- Current Income Tax Developments: Northeast Region. Lemke, William R.; Borkowski, Ronda; Bornbach, Ryan // Journal of State Taxation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p25
Discusses income tax developments in the northeast region of the United States. Sales pertaining to Internet access in the District of Columbia; Sales and use tax consequences of Internet and electronic commerce transactions in Maryland; Tax found to be discriminatory against interstate...
- Expat employees' FED up. // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the British government's plan to abolish the foreign earnings deduction (FED) which provides income tax breaks for citizens working overseas for 365 consecutive days.
- State Government Individual Income Taxes: Alabama-Missouri. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p161
No abstract available.
- State Government Individual Income Taxes: Montana-Wyoming. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p161
No abstract available.
- Wonder which Ottawa asininity will finally set off the bomb. Byfield, Ted // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/2/93, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p52
Argues that the finding of the Federal Court of Appeal against a married couple who filed suit under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms has abolished the ancient right of equality before the law. The couple claimed the Income Tax Act discriminated against married people, but the court found...
- Winning the tax revolution. // Black Enterprise;Dec86, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p62
Knowing how and when to make the right moves is essential to beating the new tax laws. Rather than April 15, now is the time to take advantage of the deductions that will be modified or eliminated in the next few years. New strategies are suggested to help you come out a winner.
- Who's afraid of the IRS? Rowe, S. // Black Enterprise;Mar1988, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p64
How to guard your income against the new tax offensive. Changes under the 1986 Tax Act, reducing debt, capital gains, retirement planning, and tax-free inves tments. INSET: Partial comparison of tax changes for individuals..
- Practical moves for last-minute tax filers. // Black Enterprise;Apr90, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p41
Suggests some practical moves to reduce your 1989 tax bill. When to file separately; Multiple-support agreements; Children's investment income; Other categories.