- The specter of sprawl Schmidt, Charles W. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jun1998, Vol. 106 Issue 6, pA274
No abstract available.
- The storytellers. Popper, Deborah; Popper, Frank // Planning;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the influence of regional storytelling in the history of land-use planning in the United States. Writings on the Everglades in Florida; Criticisms on cultural regionalism; Imagery in land restoration; Arguments for sustainable development.
- Shouting Very Loudly. Evans, Alan W. // TPR: Town Planning Review;Apr2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p195
Economists have sought for the past 30 or 40 years to make a contribution to land use planning. Their efforts have generally been ignored, and the paper considers why this should be so. The first reason, it is suggested, is that there is a widespread view among professional planners that...
- Battle of the sandcastles. Murray, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/4/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6397, p9
Perth's iconic Cottesloe Beach is set to become the latest urban battlefield over a Gold Coast-type development. Beach culture is big in Perth. West Australians cling to their coastline like so many frills on a bedspread, seemingly pushed hard up against the sandy shore by something really...
- Obligations review must go further. Sector, Gary // Planning (14672073);1/27/2012, Issue 1926, p29
The article discusses the significance of the terms of Great Britain government's forthcoming consultation regarding a proposal that allows reconsideration of planning obligations in initiating development.
- California chews on latest reform schemes. Fulton, William // Planning;Jan96, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p20
Reports that planning issues are on California's political agenda because of need to reform land-use planning processes. Suggestions from the Little Hoover Commission; Comments from executive director of commission, Jeannie English; California's production of series of reports and papers calling...
- Pennsylvania: They're talking. Lawlor, James // Planning;Mar97, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the highlights of a land-use issues forum in Pennsylvania which helped rekindle interest in growth management legislation. Appointment of a task force to consider possible legislation; Issues to be discussed.
- Land viability block sparks growth fears. Boddy, Robert // Planning (14672073);10/22/2010, Issue 1891, p5
The article focuses on the issue of development land shortage in the emerging strategic plans in Scotland.
- Making small deals will help fulfill the big plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p10
Reports that organization Chicago Metropolis 2020, has proposed to coordinate land use and transit planning in Chicago, Illinois. Reason why it wants to coordinate land use with transit planning; Reaserch that is being done to study the possiblity of combining transportation and land use...