- The specter of sprawl Schmidt, Charles W. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jun1998, Vol. 106 Issue 6, pA274
No abstract available.
- The storytellers. Popper, Deborah; Popper, Frank // Planning;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the influence of regional storytelling in the history of land-use planning in the United States. Writings on the Everglades in Florida; Criticisms on cultural regionalism; Imagery in land restoration; Arguments for sustainable development.
- Shouting Very Loudly. Evans, Alan W. // TPR: Town Planning Review;Apr2003, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p195
Economists have sought for the past 30 or 40 years to make a contribution to land use planning. Their efforts have generally been ignored, and the paper considers why this should be so. The first reason, it is suggested, is that there is a widespread view among professional planners that...
- Battle of the sandcastles. Murray, Paul // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/4/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6397, p9
Perth's iconic Cottesloe Beach is set to become the latest urban battlefield over a Gold Coast-type development. Beach culture is big in Perth. West Australians cling to their coastline like so many frills on a bedspread, seemingly pushed hard up against the sandy shore by something really...
- Obligations review must go further. Sector, Gary // Planning (14672073);1/27/2012, Issue 1926, p29
The article discusses the significance of the terms of Great Britain government's forthcoming consultation regarding a proposal that allows reconsideration of planning obligations in initiating development.
- California chews on latest reform schemes. Fulton, William // Planning;Jan96, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p20
Reports that planning issues are on California's political agenda because of need to reform land-use planning processes. Suggestions from the Little Hoover Commission; Comments from executive director of commission, Jeannie English; California's production of series of reports and papers calling...
- Pennsylvania: They're talking. Lawlor, James // Planning;Mar97, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the highlights of a land-use issues forum in Pennsylvania which helped rekindle interest in growth management legislation. Appointment of a task force to consider possible legislation; Issues to be discussed.
- Chester County, Pennsylvania. Morris, Marya // Planning;Apr99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p8
Presents information on land use planning of Chester County, Pennsylavania. Background of the demographics in Chester County; Functions of the policy committee; Identification of locations for future development; Significance of the Vision Partnership Program; Information on the community...
- Port Towns Revitalization Initiative. Finucan, Karen // Planning;Apr99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p10
Provides information on the Port Towns Revitalization Initiative of Washington D.C. and Maryland. Description of the populations living in port towns; Function of the Three Towns Council; Results of the land use planning program.