Discount Carriers Vital to Northeast's Air-Traffic Numbers
- Portland, Me., to Sell $35 Million of GARBs for Jetport. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p3
This article reports on the plan of Portland, Maine to sell 35 million dollars in insured general airport revenue bonds (GARBs) on June 24, 2003 for the Portland International Jetport, marking the first time it has sold GARBs for the city-owned facility. The fixed-rate bonds are broken into two...
- GEORGIA: Hartsfield Stays Busiest. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p31
The article reports on the market operations for 2006 of the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. According to reports, the airport had 976,313 takeoffs and landings. Thus, it was considered the world's busiest in terms of passenger traffic. The airport is in the middle...
- Airport Slump to Continue Into Next Year, Fitch Report Says. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;9/29/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33191, p4
The article reports on the condition of airports in facing financial difficulties according to Fitch Ratings Ltd. in the U.S. The company said that airports will face financial difficulties until 2010 due to its continuous decline in airline passenger traffic regardless of its stabilize debt...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/09/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31135, p31
Reports the issuance of bond funds in the Midwest. Bond sale for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago; Joint plans of the Iowa Events Center and Science Center of Iowa; Tax plan of the Senate in Minnesota.
- NFMA Final Recommendations Issued On Airport Debt Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p1
Reports that the U.S. National Federation of Municipal Analysts has issued final disclosure recommendations concerning an airport debt. Modification of a section of the paper on special facilities bonds; Suggestion that bondholders of special facility bonds could only be unsecured creditors;...
- Indiana's Gary Airport Wins FAA Approval for Growth. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p3
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration on the expansion plan of Gary Airport which will be funded in part through the issuance of bonds in Indiana. Infrastructure improvements of the airport; Comments of the airport officials regarding the expansion plan of the...
- GEORGIA: Airport CIP Marches On. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p9
The article reports on the progressive development of the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport's capital improvement program (CIP) in Atlanta, Georgia. It states that much of the 10-year, $6 billion-plus CIP has already been completed. CIP was developed to address growth which has been...
- IOWA: Polk GOs Another Way. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on the sale of general obligation (GO) bonds by the government of Polk County, Iowa to pay for Iowa Events Center project in Des Moines, Iowa. Reasons for the sale of GO bonds.
- Analysts: First-Ever Mexican Municipal Debt Issue Could Spark More Deals . Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p6
Reports on the sale of certification of obligation deal of municipal debt issuance in Mexico. Estimated amount of the obligation deal; Necessity for the sale of obligation bonds; Preference of Mexican bonds in the international market.