Atlanta Mayor Proposes $468 Million Budget for 2004
- Mayoral Sacrifice. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/31/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31315, p31
Focuses on the 2002 budget of Atlanta, Georgia expected to be released by the city's mayor Shirley Franklin on January 31, 2002. Announcement of a reduction in her salary by Shirley; Other reductions announced by the mayor; Analysis of the budget presented by Bill Campbell who was the mayor in...
- Atlanta's New Budget May Not Survive New Mayor. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p3
Discusses expected changes in the City Council budget of Atlanta, Georgia, by the state's mayor Shirley Franklin. Projects for which the city is expected to step up borrowings; Multi-million dollar shortfall in revenue; Total value of the budget that needs to be balanced.
- GEORGIA: Atlanta Mayor Cuts Deeper. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33016, p9
No abstract available.
- Atlanta Mayor Pushes for Major Budget Hike. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p1
The article reports on the proposal of Mayor Shirley Franklin to raise the annual budget of Atlanta, Georgia by $250 million. She argues that the city must increase spending to cope with its rapid growth. Market players warns that such a hefty increase requires careful consideration. The current...
- California Aside, States Are Still S & P's Most Creditworthy Sector. Montrone, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p35
Focuses on the varied credit ratings of the states government in the U.S. Flexibility of the tax structure; Occurrence of budget deficits; Collapse of Internet stocks.
- Budget Battles and a Governor in the Crosshairs. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p6
Focuses on the budget battle in 2003 in Connecticut. Impact of the budget battle to credit rating; Evidence of budget deficit; Taxation of corporate profits.
- Atlanta's Mayor Vetoes Across-the-Board Pay Hikes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/24/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32017, p36
Reports that Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin has vetoed legislation approved by the City Council that would have given across the board 4 percent pay raises to all city employees as part of the fiscal 2005 budget. Assessment of the veto; Benefits from the veto; Estimation of the Atlanta's fiscal...
- Atlanta City Council OKs $475 Million Budget. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p4
Reports on the Atlanta City Council's approval of a budget for fiscal 2004. Spending plans; Removal of Atlanta's general obligation bond rating; Ratings from Standard & Poor's, Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings; Budget surplus; Mayor Shirley Franklin's evaluation of the City Council's...
- GEORGIA: Atlanta Weighs Job Cuts. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/21/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32820, p9
The article focuses on the need to cut jobs in Atlanta, Georgia due to budget deficit. The city's Mayor Shirley Franklin announce a $70 million shortfall for the current fiscal year and said disciplined spending could solve the problem. He noted that the problem be attributed to the ailing...