Housing Starts Up, Permits Off in Sept
- Non-residential construction projects rebound. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;06/08/2001, p4
Reports the increase in non-residential building construction projects and the decline in the residential sector in Canada in April 2001. Increase in intentions to build institutional buildings; Decline in the value of housing permits; Overview of the condition of the housing market.
- County extends residential permit deadlines. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/28/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 17, Special section p23
The article reports that a six-month building permit extension for construction of new single-family homes covering the period from April 3 to November 3, 2008 was approved by Clark County in Las Vegas, Nevada. The extension particularly applies to new residential construction or Group R-3...
- Home construction drops more than expected. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/20/2009, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p10A
The article reports that home construction and applications dropped to record lows in January 2009 in Long Island, New York. According to the Commerce Department, the construction of new homes and apartments plunged 16.8% to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 466,000 units. It also reports...
- Economic index. // Pit & Quarry;Apr94, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p11
Presents statistics on the value of highway construction contracts, regional housing starts and regional building permits from 1992 to 1994.
- Housing Starts, Permits Grew in April. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32135, p2
The article reports that groundbreaking for new U.S. home construction rose 11 percent in April 2005, while private housing permits rose 5.3 percent, according to Commerce Department data released yesterday. Private housing starts rose to 2.038 million in April, following a revised 1.836...
- CRAIN'S LIST CHICAGO'S DEMOLITION AND BUILDING PERMITS. // Crain's Chicago Business;2006 Book of Lists, Vol. 28 Issue 52, p159
A list of demolition and building permits in Chicago, Illinois is presented. Albany has total of 8 demolition permits and 9 new-construction permits. Archer Heights has a total of 2 demolition permits and 2 new construction permits. Austin has 16 demolition permits and 13 new-construction permits.
- Building Up Anchorage. Steffens, Michelle // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p79
The article reports on the values of residential permits in Anchorage, Alaska as of 2009. It notes that residential building permits in the region are required in the area and that permit approval is necessary for construction. It notes that the area experienced a general decline in total dollar...
- New opportunities. High, Richard // International Construction;Dec2005, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p15
The article presents information on the developments in the construction industry in Kuwait. According to government figures, the construction sector saw an increase of more than 86% in building permits issued for new construction. The scale of new projects is impressive. Government supported...
- Grapetree Village renews work after 10-year hiatus. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);3/9/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pA8
The article reports that the city of Spokane has issued a building permit for a second structure to be built at the planned mixed-use Grapetree Village development on the South Hill after its suspension a decade ago. The permit issued allows for the construction of an about 8,400-square-foot...