FBI Raids Offices in Philadelphia
- FBI raids on activist homes condemned. // Green Left Weekly;9/29/2010, Issue 854, p17
The article presents the statements released by the International Action Center which condemns the harassment of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in raiding the homes of antiwar and solidarity activists in the U.S.
- FBI Raids and Criminalization of Dissent. GOODMAN, AMY // Progressive Populist;11/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p22
The article comments on the series of raids conducted by the agents of Federal Bureau of Investigation at the houses of anti-war activists in the U.S. who are suspected of being supporters of foreign terrorist organizations.
- Jefferson takes the stand. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;1/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on Louisiana Representative William Jefferson's first testimony at a district court in Alexandria, Virginia for a wide corruption case against him in the U.S. Jefferson challenged the raid made by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on his home in New Orleans, Louisiana...
- Philadelphia Readies $250M GO Sale as FBI Probe Widens. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p36
Reports on the plan of Philadelphia to sell general obligation bond issue amid Federal Bureau of Investigations probe into municipal bond dealings in Pennsylvania. Assessment of possible government curruption; Amount of the negotiated new-money dela; Percentage of the fixed-rate component.
- Doing the BOPTROT. Mason, Bobbie Ann // New Yorker;5/9/94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) probe of political corruption in Kentucky. Bribes to influence horse racing legislation; Subject of gambling casinos; Operation BOPTROT; Excuses for behavior; Background of probe; Border-state personality; Comments by historian laureate...
- Sharpe James under investigation by the feds. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;6/14/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that former Newark, New Jersey Mayor Sharpe James and some members of his previous administration are under investigation by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). James is the subject of a corruption investigation by the FBI in connection with his spending habits,...
- FBI Puts a Lid on an Internet Trash Can. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;3/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p34
Reports that the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation agents have raided the home of Sherman Martin Austin, a 19-year-old anarchist for computers and documents relating to the anticorporate globalization movement. Claims made by Austin on posting bomb-making information on the Internet;...
- FBI raids River Rouge (Mich.) school district. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/ 8/2012, p3
The article reports on the raid conducted by U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents into the administration offices of River Rouge School District in Michigan amid accusations that a school executive hired relatives and forged signatures on invoices and contracts that involved federal...
- From Friend to Foe. Ratnesar, Romesh; Bennett, Brian; Burger, Timothy J.; Carney, James; Dickerson, John F.; Shannon, Elaine; Thompson, Mark; Walt, Vivienne; MacLeod, Scott; Fattah, Hassan // Time;5/31/2004, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p28
Discusses the United States investigation of Ahmad Chalabi. Raid of Chalabi's home in west Baghdad; U.S.'s abandonment of Chalabi who little more than a year ago was flown into Iraq escorted by U.S. forces; FBI criminal probe into whether Chalabi and senior aides passed high-level secret...