West Virginia Winnings
- Supreme Court: Bank Not Required to Disclose Property Contamination. Lannom, Andrea // State Journal (WV);5/4/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p10
The article presents information on a decision made by the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals on April 27, 2012 related to a property contamination in Bluefield, West Virginia.
- Supreme Court Committee Determines Rules for Business Court. LANNOM, ANDREA // State Journal (WV);8/26/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 33, pB16
The article reports on the rules and procedures being developed by the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals Business Court Committee for the proposed commercial litigation court.
- West Virginia court ruling on liability caps applauded. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/24/2011, p34
The article reports on the legislature of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals that aims to preserve the state legislature's ability to instate a non-economic damage cap and improve accessibility and affordability of health care in the state.
- Supreme Court Rules for Bridgeport FD to Serve Beyond City Limits. // State Journal (WV);1/31/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p23
The article focuses on the ruling of a West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals which affirms the right of Bridgeport City, West Virginia to charge individuals living outside corporate limits for fire protection.
- Mountain State Lawmakers Re-Elect Leaders. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);1/11/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the delivery of the oath of office to the 100 House of Delegates members by West Virginia Supreme Court Justice Menis Ketchum and the election of the new leaders for the 81st Legislature on January 9, 2013.
- W. Va. Supreme Court of Appeals Re-elects Chief Justice. // State Journal (WV);1/4/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p8
The article announces the election of Brent Benjamin as chief justice of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.
- Kanawha County Magistrate Case Slated for Argument June 6. Lannom, Andrea // State Journal (WV);5/25/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p19
The article presents information on a release from the Supreme Court of West Virginia, according to which the case of Kanawha County, West Virginia magistrate Carol Fouty suspending without pay is set for argument.
- Drivers Charged With Driving Under the Influence Lose Appeals, Licenses. // State Journal (WV);2/21/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p9
The article reports on the ruling of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals stating that police can prevent drunk drivers who are outside officer's jurisdiction and can reverse rulings by administrative hearing examiners and circuit court rulings that restored driving privileges.
- Benjamin: House District Maps Dilute Votes. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);7/27/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p19
The article reports that West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals decided the constitutionality of Justice Bret Benjamin's redistricting in West Virginia.