The impact of globalization on urban development
- Mayors of 78 municipalities share successes and ideas. Maldonado, Jose E. // Caribbean Business;10/19/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p50
Describes the successes and innovative ideas of various municipalities during the First Municipalities Convention of Puerto Rico held on October 20-22 in San Juan. Creation of an initiative for security and citizen protection in Carolina; Inauguration of the Golden City residential area for the...
- Make it work or it'll be a Summit for nothing. Roberts, Jane // Estates Gazette;8/24/2002, Issue 234, p11
Comments on the concept of urban regeneration in Great Britain. Overview of a conference on urban regeneration; Benefits from urban regeneration.
- Regional Meeting. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;8/16/2011, p3
The article offers information on the conference related to the growth and prosperity of Atlanta to be presided by the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce President Sam Williams, which will be held on August 25, 2001 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Metro Council Hosts Conference. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/28/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p13
Cites the agenda for the Growing Communities Conference to be staged by the Grand Valley Metro Council on June 13, 2002 in Michigan. Keynote speech by Lee Ronning; Blueprint awards; Conference's focus on the relationship between cities, farms and parks.
- Demographic Changes in the Time of Industrialization. The Example of the Habsburg Monarchy (1750-1918). Dumanescu, Luminita // Romanian Journal of Population Studies;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p146
Information about several topics discussed during the international conference titled "Demographic Changes in the Time of Industrialization. The Example of the Habsburg Monarchy (1750-1918)," held on October 15-20, 2008 in Cluj-Napoca, Romania is presented. Topics include ethno confessional,...
- Parkinson joins our list of key speakers. // Regeneration & Renewal;3/16/2009, p3
The article offers information about the 2009 national conference of "Regeneration & Renewal," that will take place at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England, on March 13-April 1, 2009.
- events. // Urban Green File;Jun2012, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p4
A calendar of events on urban development is presented including Sustainable Futures Conference 2012 to be held in Kampala, Uganda in June 2012, World City Summit 2012 in Singapore in July 2012 and Planning Africa Conference 2012 in South Africa in September 2012.
- Northern Irish training continues next month. // Regeneration & Renewal;1/26/2009, p28
The article offers information on the second part of the British Urban Regeneration Association's 2008-2009 Northern Ireland workshops to be held in Ireland in February 2009.
- Event on importance of trees in urban areas. // Regeneration & Renewal;11/2/2009, p21
The article offers information on a seminar about the need of keeping trees in towns and cities to be held on November 19, 2009 in London, England.