- Pima County, Ariz., Selling $166 Million in Three Separate Issues. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32547, p44
The article reports that Pima County, Arizona is taking separate competitive issues to market that will generate total proceeds of $166 million. The triple sale includes general obligation bonds (GOs), sewer revenue bonds and street and highway revenue bonds. Pima County will use proceeds from...
- MINNESOTA: Minneapolis Dealing $85M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33114, p9
The article report on the $85 million general obligation bond sale to fund capital projects and current refund outstanding debt for savings in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Street, bridge, public building and utility improvements will be financed by about half of the proceeds. The city's AAA rating...
- Betting on West Virginia. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the development of strategy for leveraging the proceeds of lottery-backed revenue bonds by the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee. Purpose for the bond strategy; Approval on the formation of the Committee by Governor Bob Wise; Payment of the bond debt by the Legislature...
- Private-Letter Ruling Sheds Light on Parity Funds. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p4
Reports on a U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) private-letter ruling which determined that bond proceeds from a parity reserve fund can be used to redeem some of the issues backed by the fund without causing the bond issues that generated those bond proceeds to be considered refunded. Views...
- Miami-Dade Sets $600M Water-Sewer Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/18/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33268, p1
The article reports on the deals involving Miami-Dade County, which offers 600-million dollar water and sewer bonds. It notes that the proceeds from the bond will be the fund to be used in 4.2 billion capital improvement program (CIP). Information on Miami-Dade County, located in Florida, is...
- New Orleans Board Plans $88M PFC Sale for Hard-Luck Airport. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32743, p39
The article reports on the proceeds from a sale of $88 million of passenger facility charge bonds by the New Orleans Aviation Board that will finance another step in the long process of recovering from natural disasters at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in Louisiana. Proceeds...
- Debt Plan Floated. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p33
Reports on the lack of a legislative support for the restructuring of state debt in Wisconsin. Need for the government to raise proceeds necessary to make payment into the bond redemption; Changes in the maturity schedule of new bonds; Expansion of bond issues to refund maturities.
- Florida Division of Bond Finance: Lottery Could Back School Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p3
Reports on a bond program for securing bonds for public education in Florida through a lottery system implemented by the Florida Division of Bond Finance. Sale of lottery bonds to schools; Features of the lottery bonds; Details of other bond programs proposed by the law makers.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p37
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Sales generated from lottery; Approval of million dollar package for tax increase; Affirmation of Fitch Ratings on the revenue bonds of New Hanover Regional Medical Center.