- Virginia Elects Democrat Warner as Its Next Governor. Richard, Alan // Education Week;11/14/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
Reports the election of Democrat Mark R. Warner as governor in Virginia. Plans of Warner to improve the state education system; Concerns of the gubernatorial candidate for higher teacher salaries; Need to improve the tourism industry in Virginia following the terrorist attack in New York.
- Virginia Governor Buries Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p4
Mark R. Warner, governor of Virginia, vetoed a legislation on March 24, 2003 that would have eliminated the state's estate tax, but state lawmakers may override his veto and enact the bill without his signature at a special â€œ veto session â€ next week. The tax-repeal measure, if...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch VIRGINIA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p31
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark Warner has outlines principles that will guide efforts to modernize tax structure of the state. Appointment of a working group to modernize the tax structure.
- Warner Sets Spartan Course for Va. Recovery. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p4
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to reduce the state spending for the fiscal years 2002, 2003 and 2004. Spending cuts proposed by Warner for the three fiscal years; Steps proposed by Warner to increase spending on public education and college construction; Features of...
- Scant New Spending Seen in Virginia's FY 2006 Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32031, p30
The article gives information about proposed amendments to Virginia's $60 billion fiscal 2005-06 biennial budget that Governor Mark R. Warner is scheduled to unveil soon. The amendments are unlikely to include much new spending or debt issuance, his chief spokeswoman suggested earlier this week....
- Virginia Lawmakers Fail to Override Veto of Estate Tax Repeal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p29
Virginia lawmakers who support repealing the state's estate tax failed to get enough support to override governor Mark R. Warner's veto of the popular measure, which passed the General Assembly by overwhelming majorities in February 2003. After his veto was sustained, Warner, a Democrat, hailed...
- Democratic Governor Defends VMI's Prayer. Jeffrey, Terence // Human Events;5/26/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 18, p4
Reports that Governor Mark Warner of Virginia has showed support to dinnertime prayer practice at state-supported Virginia Military Institute (VMI). Ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals on the constitutionality of VMI prayer practice; Importance of prayer in military training.
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Mark Warner's Five-Year Plan. Beiler, David // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the problems faced by the Republican party in Virginia which contributed to the 2001 victory of Democratic candidate Mark Warner as the state's governor. Educational and career background of Warner; Information on Republican gubernatorial nominees; Details on the election campaigns of...