Tax Hike Still a Loser
- Jacksonville, Fla., Postpones $60M Deal Until January. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p5
Reports on the postponement of excise tax revenue sales in Jacksonville, Florida. Reason behind the postponement; Insurer for the series 2002 bonds; Positive outlook for the general obligation debt in Jacksonville.
- One if by land, two if by sea. // Outdoor Life;Feb94, Vol. 193 Issue 2, p15
Reports on a grand total of $268.6 million in excise taxes paid by sportsmen to be divided among state fish and wildlife agencies. Distribution of funds to land acquisition, habitat improvement, research and education projects; Top ten states receiving funds for 1994.
- Air transport tax refund pocedures. // Practical Accountant;Feb98, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the introduction of procedures by the Internal Revenue Service for travelers, allowing them to obtain refunds of an excise tax on airline passenger tickets.
- BILL TO REDUCE EXCISE TAX ON BEER INTRODUCED IN SENATE
DURING ELEVENTH HOUR OF 107[supTH] SESSION. // NCADD Washington Report;Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on a bill to reduce excise tax on beer in the U.S. Senate.
- City sales tax revenues increases in August. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/18/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the increase of sales tax revenue for the City of Clarendon, Texas in August 2008.
- Final excise tax deposit rules. // Practical Accountant;Jan97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p24
Discusses final regulations that relate to deposits of excise taxes in the United States.
- PRMA calling for 6.6% sales tax. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;11/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 47, pS5
Focuses on the 6.6 percent excise tax that is imposed on imported goods to Puerto Rico at the time they enter the island. Problems that affect businesses in relation to this tax; How the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association (PRMA) feels about excise taxes; Implications of a proposal submitted...
- New excise tax form available. // Practical Accountant;May94, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
Reports that the new form 8849 Claim for Refund of Excise Taxes must be used in place of Form 843 for excise tax purposes.
- County Extends Lodging Tax To Back Bonds. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p3
Focuses on the extension of the lodging excise tax in Kent County, Michigan. Plan of Kent County commissioners to finance debts of a bond package; Allocation of a budget for construction of a convention center.
- Tiny sector not very happy. // Colourage;Mar1997, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p61
Reports on the Tamil Nadu Small and Tiny Industries Association's criticism against the failure of the Indian finance minister to increase the excise exemption limit.