Wrapping up funding to start green project
- Recology, San Francisco Reach Composting Milestone. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;11/29/2011, p19
The article reports that Recology Inc. has reached the one millonth ton of food scraps through a composting program in San Francisco, California, in 2012.
- Recology Awarded 10-Year Landfill Disposal Contract by City of San Francisco. // Solid Waste Report;
The article focuses on the vote of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors to award to Recology the 10-year deal landfill disposal contract of the city amounting to 112 million U.S. dollars that will begin in 2015.
- From The Can. Averett, Steven // Waste Age;Oct2011, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p4
An overview of various articles published within the issue related to waste management is presented, including the states and municipalities taking steps in waste handling, the new waste-to-energy laws in California, and a profile of the waste handling company Recology.
- Recology finds four destinations for Portland food scraps. // Resource Recycling;Apr2013, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p11
The article reports that Recology, which operates composting facilities in the Pacific Northwest, selected four sites, including Aumsville and Junction City in Oregon, and Stanwood and Royal City in Washington, for the food scraps resulting from Portland, Oregon's composting efforts.
- New Contract Results in New Record for Collections by Recology. // Solid Waste Report;1/17/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the success of the collection of recyclable materials by recovery company Recology in San Mateo Country, California as a result of a new contract in which organic materials collection posted a daily average increase of 78%.
- S.F. diverts 900,000 tons of food waste. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;5/2/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p0004
The article reports on the Recology Inc. which has so far converted 900,000 tons of food scraps and green waste in San Francisco, California, into 95,000 cubic yards of compost every since the year 1996.
- Four-Fifths to Zero. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age;Oct2012, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p13
The article reports that the city of San Francisco in California achieved a milestone as it increased its record recycling rate to 80-percent landfill diversion and has been recognized together with San Francisco-based Recology Inc. as the Greenest City in North America on the 2011 Siemens Green...
- BAY WATCH. Ursery, Stephen // Waste Age;Dec2009, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p6
The article focuses on the announcement of Recology that San Francisco, California residents and business have composted more than 620,000 tons of waste through the green-cart recycling program from 1996-2009.
- Rejuvenated junk enlivens SF airport. Carroll, Jeremy // Plastics News;8/19/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p0004
The article reports on an exhibition of 100 pieces by 45 artists as part of waste and recycling rehauler Recology's 23-year-program of letting local artists use San Francisco, California's waste a resource and inspiration for artworks which are on view until October 2013 at San Francisco...