New Heights to open Allders concession
- Home drives early September spike. // Home Textiles Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p20
Reports the growth in retail sales of home-related goods in New York. Rise in the Redbook Retail Sales Average; Recovery of department stores; Increase in the sales of food, electronics and traditional Back-to-School categories.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;5/25/98, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p29
Reports on developments in the United States houseware retailing industry as of June 25, 1998. Growth of sales for the Lechter Housewares division; Role of housewares in leading Fred's Inc. to a sales gain for April 1998.
- Target unveils Swell new brand. // DSN Retailing Today;2/24/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the launch of home products by Cynthia Rowley Co. in several retail stores of the U.S.-based Target Stores Inc. Design and color schemes; Feminine themes of the designs.
- The 'new' New York. McMenamin, Mark T. // Home Accents Today;Aug2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p25
Opinion. Comments on the dynamics of change in the house furnishing retail industry in New York. Transformations in Times Square; Factors contributing to the closure of the Soho branch of Platypus; Impact of the national chains on independent retailing and rents; Emergence of retail districts.
- 25 Powerhouse Retailers in home accents. Butler, Nancy // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p16
Lists the 25 largest home furnishings retailers in the United States as of December 2000. Names of retailers; Company background; Shares of the home accent market; Factors affecting the market.
- Expansions. // Home Accents Today;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p31
Reports on home furnishings manufacturers and retailers' expansion of their facilities in the United States as of December 2000. Baton Rouge, Louisiana-based Plain Jane's expansion of its warehouse facilities; Tapestries Ltd.'s expansion of its warehouse in High Point, North Carolina.
- BUSINESS briefs. // Home Textiles Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p18
Presents news and developments relevant to the retail trade and home furnishings industry in the U.S. compiled as of April 2003. Chief executives' assessment and business confidence associated with the existing economic conditions; Wages for executives.
- Opening the door to `supervise-it-yourselfers'. Duff, Mike // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p51
Reports on the efforts by American home products retailers to attract new and more affluent customers by building new retail concepts. Includes the offer of designer-coordinated home soft goods sections at Lowe's; Kmart's offer of Martha Stewart's line; Wal-Mart's launching of Sahara Supreme;...
- briefly. // Housewares;Dec2001, Issue 162, p36
Presents news items related to the house furnishings industry in Great Britain as of December 2001. Addition of retailer categories in the Gift of the Year Awards of The Giftware Association; Launching of a new retail concept by Aga Foodservice Group; Percentage increase in the revenues of...