New mail order probe
- Littlewoods cuts five brands in a catalogue rejig. // Marketing (00253650);7/8/1999, p8
Focuses on Great Britain-based catalog operator Littlewoods' plan to make its umbrella brand central to all its retail businesses.
- Big test for Littlewoods. // Printing World;6/2/2003, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p12
Reports on implications of Littlewoods' bid for the mail order business of Great Universal Stores.
- Targeted, personal, effective. Gray, Robert // Marketing (00253650);3/7/2007, p39
The article informs that the early history of direct marketing in Great Britain has been shaped by the Northern mail-order and catalogue-shopping businesses such as Great Universal Stores PLC and Littlewoods PLC. Sales attributed to direct marketing activity are believed to total Â£107bn a...
- Barclays given green light for GUS takeover. // Precision Marketing;1/30/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p3
Reports that David and Frederick Barclay have acquired the Great Britain-based mail order business GUS.
- GUS buy-out set to reinvigorate catalogue sector. // Precision Marketing;5/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p1
Cites the acquisition of GUS Homeshopping by the Littlewoods catalog agency to boost its business in the catalog industry. Plan to release a range of catalogs using a targeted approach focusing on different audiences; Recognition of the stagnation of the business approach; Intention to increase...
- DIRECTWATCH. // Marketing (00253650);8/24/2005, p24
This section presents the results of a survey related to the recall value of direct marketing campaigns. Some of the companies whose direct marketing campaigns are covered are Capital One, Sky Digital, Lloyds TSB Insurance, Littlewoods PLC, Empire Stores, and Freeman.
- Good times start at the mailbox. Rennicke, Jeff // Backpacker;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p62
Presents a guide to hassle-free catalog shopping. Mail-order horror stories; The advantage to mail-order shopping; Amount of subscribers to `Backpacker' who ordered through the mail; Growth in the industry; Importance of dealing with a reputable company; Using up-to-date catalogs; Being...
- Laying the groundwork. Chandoha, W. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p45
Offers tips on how to best use gardening catalogues. Types of information provided; Specialized catalogues to check for specific needs; Various features of the catalogues. INSET: Catalogs to order..
- Direct mail and fulfillment firms. Kaufman, Lauren // Fairfield County Business Journal;09/14/98, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p8
Lists the largest direct mail and fulfillment companies in Fairfield County, Connecticut and Westchester County, New York. Number of clients; Services offered; Includes Custom Data Systems Inc.; King Lithographers and Mailer; Speedy Mail Inc.