New products: Focus on Parker Knoll
- Shooting star. // Architectural Record;Jun1988, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p158
Combining imagery of the 1950s American car tail fins and up-to-date manufacturing techniques, Massimo Iosa-Ghini's new line of furniture is aptly named the `Dinamic Collection.' Several examples from the 28-year-old Italian architect and furniture designer's collection.
- NEOCON 92: Product preview. // Architectural Record;May1992, Vol. 180 Issue 5, p28
Shows some of the seating designs featured at 1992's NEOCON Show in Chicago. Includes designs by William Schacht, Dieter Stieri and Stanford White.
- Business as usual at furniture fair. K.D.S. // Architectural Record;Jun1992, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p40
Shows some of the designs exhibited recently at the 1992 Salone del Mobile, or Furniture Fair, in Milan. Includes lamps, chairs and storage units.
- Tasmanian wood design. Towndrow, Jenny // Craft Arts International;1997, Issue 39, p90
Highlights the exhibition of Tasmanian furniture at Sydney's Hyatt Regency in New South Wales. Organizer Gary Cleveland's dedication to bringing Tasmanian furniture to the world; Previous exhibition in the International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York; Comments on the furniture's...
- American country West. // Country Living;Oct85, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p100
Furnishings of the West are shown, such as an iron foot-warmer, cupboard, kitchen work table, ash chair, blankets, `booted' chair, barrel chair, etc. Article includes a special section on Texas stoneware.
- Watch that paint. // Country Living;Sep86, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p50
The passion for painted furniture is almost universal, but when it comes to restoring a painted finish, knowing what you can and can't do is half the battle. Here are some tips and advice to help with home refinishing.
- Country classics you can buy. // Country Living;Feb1989, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p54
Describes new and noteworthy furnishings for the home. Decorating ideas; Prices; Manufacturers.
- Rediscovering milk paint. Varese, M. // Country Living;Feb1989, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p28
Discusses the original milk-paint finishes of antique furniture. Original paint; Restorer's technique; Removing milk paint; History; Details.
- Made in America. Morton, K.S. // Country Living;Jan1991, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p68
Photo essay of Lane/Hickory Tavern's Hunt Country line of period reproductions featuring American furniture made between 1830 and the turn of the century. Use of classic fabrics; Easy elegance of the pieces.
- The question box. Varese, M. // Country Living;Mar1991, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p22
Answers several common questions about furniture restoration. Disguising the damage on a chipped carved gilt frame; Producing a satin, or antique finish; Refinishing a pine harvest table; More.