Murdered man's company is closed
- North East upholstery boss is gunned down at desk. Goodwin, Cliff // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p3
Reports on the murder of Cascade Upholstery's Owner Steve Sweeney at the company's factory in Gateshead, England's Stoneygate Industrial Estate. Motive for the killing; Sweeney as a possible target of an execution style shooting.
- Tough times and rough tactics. Wesphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the murder of upholstery manufacturer Stephen Sweeney. Suspect in the murder; Possible motivation for the murder.
- Murder of upholstery boss could be industry revenge killing say police. Goodwin, Cliff // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p2
Reports on the murder of upholstery manufacturer Stephen Sweeney. Suspect in the murder; Possible motivation for the murder; Initial results of investigation of the murder.
- Breaking Point. Tauber, Michelle; Tumposky, Ellen; Biddle, Nina; Perry, Simon // People;06/04/2001, Vol. 55 Issue 22, p62
Focuses on Jane Andrews, a former aide to Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, who was found guilty of murdering her boyfriend, Tom Cressman.
- Police appeal for help on Gateshead death. // Cabinet Maker;08/28/98, Issue 5103, p2
Describes a man involved in the murder of British upholstery firm md Stephen Sweeney. Shooting of Sweeney in Gateshead, England; Contact information for the Northumbria Police investigating the murder.
- Shop owner faces arson charges. Goodwin, Cliff // Cabinet Maker;11/06/98, Issue 5113, p3
Reports on criminal charges filed against Richard Caddick, a business partner of murdered furniture factory head Stephen Sweeney. Caddick's conversion of the gutted Richard Johns outfitters establishment.
- Moving forward on business bills. BURD, JOSHUA // njbiz;7/15/2013, p10
The article reports that New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney has announced that he will end the blockade of Republican-sponsored measures, including bills that are relevant to the state's business community.
- Sweeney: A.C. is not going to be Detroit. George, Andrew // njbiz;11/25/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p3
The article reports that New Jersey Senate President Stephen Sweeney said that Atlantic City, New Jersey is not likely to file for bankruptcy despite the recent downgrade by credit rating agency Moody's.
- Trial date set for ex Cascade boss Caddick. // Cabinet Maker;02/19/99, Issue 5126, p2
Reports that a trial date was set for Richard Caddick, the former partner of murdered Cascade Upholstery managing director, Stephen Sweeney, at Newcastle, England, on March 22, 1999. Charges against Caddick of two counts of false accounting at the company's parent Tonegate.