Essex plunges ...3.7m into the red
- At the right price? Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p1
Opinion. Speculates on Essex Furniture's future after the furniture company showed problems in its stocks and profits. Attractiveness of the company to retailers; Key elements of any decisions by the company.
- Who would want to buy Essex? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p7
Focuses on the collapse in the stock market value of British furniture retailer Essex Furniture. Possibility of an Essex acquisition; Effects of the fall in share prices to other retailers; Concentration of Essex's furniture stores; Hurdles facing potential buyers of the company.
- Essex buyer to start new company. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/13/98, Issue 5114, p2
Reports on former LPK Director Kevin France's acquisition of Essex Furniture's stock, machinery and order book in England. Company to be launched by France in the industry; Support to France's venture.
- Essex Furniture finally moves into mail order sector with The Sofa Club. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/13/98, Issue 5075, p5
Reports on Essex Furniture's launching of a mail order division. Reason for the company's move; Range of products for the company's mail order operation; Packaged offering with the products.
- Natuzzi 2Q profits drop. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p63
Reports on the declining second quarter sales of upholstery producer Natuzzi in Italy. Decrease of the gross profits; Reduction of the operating income; Impact of currency change on prices.
- Forward orders for furniture give 'serious cause for concern', says BRC. // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2011, Issue 5741, p10
The article reports on the statement from the British Retail Consortium (BRC) that sales for furniture and floor coverings in Great Britain has declined sharply.
- Pine decline hits Kimbell. // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p3
Reports the impact of pine market decline on furniture retailer Richard Kimbell. Appointment of KPMG corporate partner Allan Graham as the joint receiver; Number of establishments and employees; Implication of the market to the company.
- Argos and Homebase suffer fall in sales. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2010, Issue 5692, p8
The article reports on the decline sales achieved by furniture company Argos and Homebase with the percentage of 5.2 in Great Britain as of February 28 to May 29, 2010 based on Home Retail Group PLC report.
- Great American Oak shuts down. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
Reports the closure of Great American Oak, a home entertainment manufacturer in the United States. Focus of owner Earl Payton on other business ventures; Introduction of adult bedroom furniture; Changes in furniture designs.