Creditors are still waiting
- Creditors unlikely to be paid. // Cabinet Maker;10/01/99, Issue 5157, p2
Discloses the likelihood that creditors of defunct retailer Wrough Iron Bed Factory will not receive any of their investment in the firm.
- Editorial. Baker, Carol // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
Editorial. Reports that the British government is being urged to pass legislation to help protect creditors when businesses fail. Need for statutory time limit within which debts can be disputed; Need to prevent debtors from withholding payments from suppliers; Recourse taken by lenders who...
- Legals. // Cabinet Maker;7/27/2007, Issue 5548, p6
A list of various cases involving companies in the furniture industry which are under administration due to business failures in Great Britain is presented. These include administrator appointment for Italian Interiors Workshop Ltd., liquidator appointments for Home Sweet Home Designer...
- O'Sullivan Nears Emergence From Bankruptcy. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/27/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p77
The article reports on the amended reorganization plan of furniture maker O'Sullivan, confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia. The confirmation is expected to allow O'Sullivan to emerge from bankruptcy by the end of March or April 2006. O'Sullivan had declared...
- INTERNATIONAL BANKRUPTCY: IN DEFENSE OF UNIVERSALISM. Guzman, Andrew T. // Michigan Law Review;Jun2000, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p2177
Examines transnational bankruptcy and the approach of universalism to the adjudication of international insolvencies. Discussion on adjusting creditors; International issues that arise in the presence of nonadjusting creditors; Comparison between the approaches of universalism and territorialism...
- Debt and Taxes. Kisluk, Frank // New Zealand Management;Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on the Division I Proposals, a debt settlement plan used by business owners and self-employed professionals to regain financial control of their companies in Canada, instead of filing for bankruptcy. Principle of the proposals; Comparison of the concept of bankruptcy and the proposal;...
- CHAPTER 7 INDIVIDUAL DEBTOR'S STATEMENT OF INTENTION. Laurence, Bethany; Elias, Stephen // Bankruptcy for Small Business Owners;2010, special section p1
A form related to individual debtor's statement of intention filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court that appears in the book "Bankruptcy for Small Business Owners" is presented. The required information includes description of leased property, description of property security debt, and reaffirmation...
- DEBTOR'S CERTIFICATION OF COMPLETION OF POSTPETITION INSTRUCTIONAL COURSE CONCERNING PERSONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. Laurence, Bethany; Elias, Stephen // Bankruptcy for Small Business Owners;2010, special section p1
A form related to debtor's certification of completion of postpetition instructional course concerning personal financial management that appears in the book "Bankruptcy for Small Business Owners" is presented. The required information includes incapacity and disability and name of debtors.
- ORDER ON REAFFIRMATION AGREEMENT. Laurence, Bethany; Elias, Stephen // Bankruptcy for Small Business Owners;2010, special section p1
A form related to order on reaffirmation agreement in the bankruptcy filing that appears in the book "Bankruptcy for Small Business Owners" is presented. The required information includes negotiation of the reaffirmation agreement and monthly expenses.