Timing Just Right to Upgrade Tennessee Solid Waste Facility
- The Wild West's Commercial Collection Show-down. Merrill, Lynn // World Wastes;Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p22
Focuses on the competition of municipal waste collection departments with their private waste companies in Arizona's commercial collection markets. Strategies of municipal waste operations; Requirements imposed on refuse service providers; Percentage of total commercial accounts handled by...
- Allied Waste adds two seats to board. // Waste News;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p1
Presents updates on solid waste management companies in the United States as of July 10, 2000. Increase in the number of Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s board members; Resignation of Vanessa Dale Burns as Washington D.C.'s Public Works Department director; Republic Services' purchase of The...
- Solid waste industry should grow in 1999. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;01/11/99, Vol. 4 Issue 35, p14
Forecasts developments in the solid waste industry in the United States for 1999. Percent slowdown in economic growth; Opportunity for mergers; Continuation of current flat prices as worst-case scenario; Minimal effect of economic slowdown on roll-off container business.
- Solid waste is solid market--for now. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/14/97, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p60
Reports on the financial performance of solid waste management firms in the United States as of 1996. Comments from Philip Environmental Services Group president Alan Fracassi; Finalization of the US Environmental Protection Agency's new rules that require methane collection at more than 700...
- Solid-waste agencies turn to user fees for revenue. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p1
Reports that solid-waste agencies are turning to user fees for revenue in the United States. Elimination of fees for dumping trash; Lowering of tipping fees.
- Charley's Gone but Not Forgotten. Trotti, John // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
Introduces a series of articles about municipal solid waste management, including several disaster-preparedness programs and work trends in the waste management industry in the U.S.
- Rolling with the Rocky Times. Merrill, Lynn // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p20
Features a panel discussion on issues and challenges facing the United States' solid waste management industry. Policy issues facing solid waste collection operations; Programs for recyclables and yardwaste; Diversion goals; Automated recycling; Competition between independent and large...
- Clash of the Titans. Fickes, Michael // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p51
Discusses the merger and acquisition activities in the United States solid waste management industry. Impact of the industry's growth; Capital considerations and financial management capabilities; Companies involved in major acquisition activities; Prospects for waste management industry. ...
- Sorting Out NH's Trash. Fortier, Timothy // Business NH Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on solid waste management strategies employed by the Solid Waste Task Force in New Hampshire. Background on the formation of the task force; Recommendations of the task force for controlling disposal costs; Suggestions for expanding the disposal capacity for the state.