Allied Waste, American Disposal Agree to Merge
- Allied, American complete merger. // Waste News;10/26/98, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p10
Announces the completion of Allied Waste Industries Inc.'s acquisition of American Disposal Services Inc. Terms of the agreement.
- A LOOK BACK. // Waste News;8/18/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p9
Allied Waste Industries Inc. announces plans to purchase American Disposal Services Inc. in a merger valued at $1.1 billion, creating the third-largest waste hauler in the U.S.
- A LOOK BACK. // Waste News;8/18/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p22
The article discusses various reports published in the journal several years ago. 10 years ago, the journal published that Allied Waste Industries Inc. acquired American Disposal Services Inc. in a merger valued at $1.1 billion. 1 years ago, the journal reported that BP PLC promised to look ways...
- A LOOK BACK. // Waste & Recycling News;7/19/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses some of the issues of yesteryears related to the waste industry, including the exit of Allied Waste Industries Inc. from the Canadian market in 1990, state of the cleanup of the subway system explosion site in London, England in 2005, and the expected merger of National...
- Waste Is Dumped By Allied. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p5
Deals with the decision of Allied Waste Industries Inc. to stop its planned acquisition of Waste Management Inc. Prediction on the acquisition negotiation of the two companies; Earnings posted by Waste Management.
- Allied sells Denver assets. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 28, p3
Reports that the Folsom, California-based Waste Connections Inc. has completed the purchase of Denver, Colorado-area assets owned by Allied Waste Industries Inc. Waste Connections' foray outside the company's niche secondary markets; Concerns over competition in the Denver region; Changes under...
- Allied sells Tenn., III. assets. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;10/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the acquisition of the Tennessee operations of Allied Waste Industries Inc. (AWI) by Gervais Street, Columbia Waste Connections Inc. (WC). Other AWI operations being sold; Suitability of the purchased operations for WC's asset base in the region; Plans of WC to acquire landfills in 2002.
- Republic and Allied Waste Merger Approved. // Official Board Markets;7/12/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the approval of a merger by the boards of directors of Republic Services Inc. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Allied Waste Industries. The newly formed company will be called Republic Services and will be based in Phoenix, Arizona. The two companies are the second and...
- Allied makes move in N.Y. Daniels, Steve // Waste News;04/14/97, Vol. 2 Issue 47, p1
Reports that Allied Waste Industries Incorporated entered the Long Island, New York, market with the purchase of SSC Corporation. Revenue generated by SSC annually; Information on the operations at Allied; Allied's decision to construct a solid-waste transfer station.