On the road
- Out with the old: Replacing a fleet management system. Paulits, Jim // American City & County;May95, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on the challenges for replacing fleet management systems of motor vehicles. Emphasis on avoiding management detours and dead ends; Importance of coordination among fleet environments; Activities essential in the coverage of a fleet management system implementation plan; Tests on fleet...
- The drive towards efficiency plays no favorites. Stoner, Leigh // American City & County;Jul97, Vol. 112 Issue 8, Fleet management pFM13
Looks at the effects of privatization on the municipal fleet managers. Information on a policy which enables the fleet management service to recapture privatized operations; Significance of the policy; Comments from Steve Fantauzzo, executive director of the American Federation of State, County...
- Computerized management keeps fleets in check. Antonacci, Frank // American City & County;Sep94, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p64
Discusses the use of maintenance management information systems by fleet departments in the United States to centralize vehicle functions and monitor inventory, efficiency and personnel. Process reengineering; Objectives of fleet management systems; Planned component replacement. INSETS:...
- Support services. // Fleet Equipment;Feb98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p86
Presents a selection of software products for fleet operations. Navistar International Transportation Corp.'s Diamond Connection computerized inventory system; GE Capital Fleet Services' Fleet Management Solutions software; Dingo Maintenance Systems' multi-user multi-laboratory analysis software.
- PM for fleet operations and motor fleet maintenance management seminars to be presented. // Fleet Equipment;May97, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p21
Presents the schedule of lectures and problem-solving seminars designed by Ron Turley for fleet maintenance managers and supervisors. Topics of discussion; Contact information.
- Tracklt - a simple system. // New Zealand Company Vehicle;Oct2012, p15
The article offers information on the Tracklt VT10 fleet management system that is available in New Zealand.
- Getting in the driver's seat with local fleet costs. Bradford, Bryan // Public Management (00333611);Nov94, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on the issues surrounding fleet management in Garland, Texas such as control of maintenance cost, maintenance of vehicles and equipment, control of the size of the fleet, and budgeting. Fleet rate calculations; Hourly labor rates and productivity levels; Proposal of a flat-rate structure.
- Easy entry. Huff, Aaron // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p24
Analyzes the benefits of using fleet maintenance management software in a trucking company in the U.S. Features of the fleet maintenance software; Components of an effective maintenance software; Hardware requirements of the software.
- out box. Brown, Dug // Employee Benefits;Jun2003, p58
Discusses the need for companies to focus on their fleets despite fleet management being a minor function within a company or organization. Perks and incentives being offered to fleet managers; Possible savings from restricting the choice of the bulk of fleet to just a few manufacturers.