Make sure your vacant property is not vulnerable to non-paying guests
- Fringe benefits. Ward, Colin // New Statesman & Society;12/9/94, Vol. 7 Issue 332, p27
Focuses on the achievements of squatters in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Squatting in the 1960s and 1980s; Creation of self-contained family-homes; Conversion of former railway sheds into a series of little houses; Threats to these sites.
- Bulgakov squatters. // Russian Life;Feb97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p22
Reports the withdrawal of Bolshaya Sadovaya 10 from the building they planned to renovate when a squad of squatters attacked them in Russia.
- Nothing gets my blood boiling like squatters' rights. White, Simon // Mortgage Strategy;3/7/2011, p24
In this article the author comments on the rise of homeless individuals and legal squatting in Great Britain.
- Squatter removal: By the dawn's early light. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;6/3/95, Vol. 86 Issue 22, p12
Editorial. Focuses on the eviction of squatters in the East Village in New York City. Background information on the squatters; State of the occupied buildings; Real estate interests.
- Live free or die. Smith, Chris // New York;7/08/96, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p32
Profiles several squatter residents of East Village in New York City. Clash between radicals and city enforcers over Tompkins Square; John Potak; Laura McArdle; Antonio Pagan; Terry Lewis; Michael Shenker.
- Charcoal community simmers in silence. // Filipino Post;6/27/2013, p9
The article offers information on the living conditions of the residents of squatter community Ulingan of Manila, Philippines, who make their living from charcoal.
- From Street to Squat in Halifax. Arsenault, Chris // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the problem of rising number of squatters in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Efforts made by Halifax Anti-Poverty Initiative (HAPI) in Halifax to help homeless people; People who participated in the demonstrations organized by HAPI to create an awareness about the problems of homeless people;...
- Pomposity shed in London squats. McNicoll, David // Bulletin with Newsweek;1/17/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5954, p20
Presents the author's account of how he shed his pomposity following a trip to the London, England squats. Visit with a friend's daughter called Little Nell who lived in the squats; Dance routine on the street with Little Nell and her friend on the way to a restaurant.
- SQUAT LIKE A PRO. RUSSELL, PHILIPPA // New York;4/25/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p60
The article details how to legally squat in expensive properties in London, England.