Make sure your vacant property is not vulnerable to non-paying guests
- Fringe benefits. Ward, Colin // New Statesman & Society;12/9/94, Vol. 7 Issue 332, p27
Focuses on the achievements of squatters in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Squatting in the 1960s and 1980s; Creation of self-contained family-homes; Conversion of former railway sheds into a series of little houses; Threats to these sites.
- To raze or not to raze. Johnson, Terry // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/8/96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p24
Covers a squatter's rights dispute which has erupted near Smoky Lake, Alberta. Attempts to turn the land into a recreation area at the expense of 13 cabins which have been there since the 1960s; Intervention by local politicians on the cabin owners' behalf; Cabin owners paying taxes with no...
- Bulgakov squatters. // Russian Life;Feb97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p22
Reports the withdrawal of Bolshaya Sadovaya 10 from the building they planned to renovate when a squad of squatters attacked them in Russia.
- Nothing gets my blood boiling like squatters' rights. White, Simon // Mortgage Strategy;3/7/2011, p24
In this article the author comments on the rise of homeless individuals and legal squatting in Great Britain.
- Squatter removal: By the dawn's early light. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;6/3/95, Vol. 86 Issue 22, p12
Editorial. Focuses on the eviction of squatters in the East Village in New York City. Background information on the squatters; State of the occupied buildings; Real estate interests.
- Live free or die. Smith, Chris // New York;7/08/96, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p32
Profiles several squatter residents of East Village in New York City. Clash between radicals and city enforcers over Tompkins Square; John Potak; Laura McArdle; Antonio Pagan; Terry Lewis; Michael Shenker.
- Charcoal community simmers in silence. // Filipino Post;6/27/2013, p9
The article offers information on the living conditions of the residents of squatter community Ulingan of Manila, Philippines, who make their living from charcoal.
- From Street to Squat in Halifax. Arsenault, Chris // Canadian Dimension;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the problem of rising number of squatters in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Efforts made by Halifax Anti-Poverty Initiative (HAPI) in Halifax to help homeless people; People who participated in the demonstrations organized by HAPI to create an awareness about the problems of homeless people;...
- SQUAT LIKE A PRO. RUSSELL, PHILIPPA // New York;4/25/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p60
The article details how to legally squat in expensive properties in London, England.