Connecticut Weighs Proposal for Offering Universal Pre-K
- Connecticut Schools Chief Announces Departure. UJIFUSA, ANDREW // Education Week;8/27/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p5
The article announces that Stefan Pryor will resign as Connecticut's education commissioner by January 2015.
- Conn. Learn contacts shops for assignment. Jones, Sarah // Adweek New England Edition;12/08/97, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p4
Reports that the Connecticut Department of Education has sent out a request for proposals seeking an advertisement agency to promote `Connecticut Learns' a school-to-career outreach program. Who will assist with the funding of program; Cost of the program; Responsibilites of the winning agency.
- Overhaul on Way For Conn. Agency. A. P. // Education Week;1/25/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on a reform plan for the state education department of Connecticut, commenting on the role of several individuals in the reform effort including state education Commissioner Stefan Pryor, chief operating officer Charlene Russell-Tucker, and Governor Dannel Malloy.
- CONNECTICUT MEETING FOCUSES ON LACK OF TECHNICIANS. // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Mar65, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p810
The article presents information on a meeting sponsored by the Connecticut State Department of Education and the Connecticut Chemical Industry Council, to acquaint teachers, counselors, and representatives from industry with the need for an increasing number of qualified applicants to enter...
- Partners Awaken Cultural Change. Wong, Nancy // Workforce (10928332);Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p72
Deals with the efforts of the Bureau of Human Resources at Connecticut's Department of Education to prevent violence in the state's regional vocational-technical school (RVTS) system. Complaints of teachers against RVTS students; Details on the partnership initiated by the Bureau to create a...
- Strong Fitch rating helps make new haven nursing home deal a standout. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;12/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30783, p6
Reports on Mary Wade Home Inc.'s issuance of negotiated bonds through the Connecticut Development Authority. Underwriter of the deal; Structure of the bond.
- State's future competitiveness hinges on quality education. Bach, Louis // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/9/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the disparities in the high school graduation rates in Connecticut, a comprehensive education reform of the state Department of Education, and the quality of education system that determines the state's future competitiveness.
- Governors' Proposals to Raise Pre-K Funding Could Increase Access. // Educational Marketer;4/30/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the move of governors of 29 states to propose an additional $800 million in U.S. Pre-K funding for fiscal 2008. According to sources, the initiatives would provide Pre-K access to more than 100,000 additional 3-and 4-year-olds across the country. Meanwhile, the additional...
- Conn. Board Links Teacher Licensing To Salary Increases. // Education Week;1/9/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the approval of a resolution by the Connecticut State Board of Education, for stricter certification standards for teachers and tie the new requirements to unspecified "appropriate" increases in teacher salaries. The votes of the board demands that graduates of...