As K-12 Textbook Publishers Push into Technology, McGraw-Hill Launches New Online Products
- News Briefs... // Electronic Education Report;3/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p8
Presents news updates concerning instructional software providers Lightspan Inc. and McGraw-Hill Digital Learning as of March 17, 2003.
- McGraw-Hill's new consumer products division hopes to double sales in 1998. // Electronic Education Report;02/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the strategy of McGraw-Hill Co.'s Consumer Products Division to double its 1998 sales in the American electronic instructional materials market. Plans of the division to leverage content from its education units; McGraw-Hill's software sales from the market; Market competitors of the...
- Mindsurf Teams With McGraw-Hill To Provide New Channel For E-Textbooks. // Electronic Education Report;3/26/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
Reports the partnership between Mindsurf and McGraw-Hill Co. in providing educational technology in the U.S. Contents of the Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Algebra I electronic textbook; Software for whole-class instruction and student assessment; Details on local area networks.
- Updating a Scientific Classic. Oder, Norman // Library Journal;11/15/2001 Supplement, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p17
Discusses the publishing and revision process of the 'Encyclopedia of Science and Technology,' published by McGraw-Hill. Comments of Mark Licker, publisher of the Science Reference Group; Use of a database to expedite publishing.
- Books@Ovid Contains McGraw-Hill Texts. // Computers in Libraries;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p64
Reports that electronic versions of 115 medical text and reference books are available on Books@Ovid through licensing agreement between Ovid Technologies and McGraw-Hill. Featured books, including several from the Brandon/Hill Selected List.
- McGraw encyclopedia expands. Avallone, Susan // Library Journal;4/15/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p28
Reports that McGraw-Hill's 'Encyclopedia of Science and Technology' has been expanded from 15 volumes to 20. Redesigning of the sixth edition; Promotional efforts employed by McGraw to promote encyclopedia.
- FORUM NON CONVENIENS. // International Law Update;Jul2005, Vol. 11, p104
The article reports that the British Columbia Court of Appeal has ruled that, where U.S. court had affirmatively claimed jurisdiction over same contract dispute, comity dictated that Canadian court should stay its parallel proceeding to avoid inconsistent results and useless multiplication of...
- TITLE WATCH. Felix, Kathie // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p39
The article reviews several computer software and electronic media titles for K-12 students, including Writing Roadmap 2.0 from McGraw-Hill, Discovery Education Science for Elementary from Discovery Education, and SMART Technologies Notebook Version 10 from SMART Technologies.
- Famous McGraw-Hill ad gets facelift. Garigliano, Jeff // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the updated version of the `man in the chair' print advertisement of McGraw-Hill Co., which has been around since the late 1960s. Consistency in the ad's emphatic, blunt copy; Reason for the updating of the ad.