- Looking Back at the SEPTA Transit Strike. Cimini, Michael H. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Winter98, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p18
Examines the 1998 strike of the Southeastern Pennyslvania Transit Authority (SEPTA) and the Transport Workers Union (TWU). Terms of the settlement between the parties; Debate on work rules and terms of contract; Agreement on the issue of compensation.
- As Philadelphia's transit strike continues. Mutch, David; Nordahl, Peter E. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 89, p2
Reports the strike by the Transport Workers Union in Philadelphia and the frustration of the people with transit workers.
- SHELL DRIVER STRIKE? // Truck & Driver;Jan2004, p9
The Great Britain-based Transport and General Workers' Union has vowed to ballot almost 500 Shell tanker drivers about a strike over pensions as it says some drivers could lose out on their scheme.
- TAXI DRIVERS WILL STRIKE AGAIN OVER CARD READERS. // CardLine;10/5/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p26
The article reports on the decision of the New York Taxi Workers Alliance to hold a 24-hour strike on October 22, 2007. The Alliance represents more than 8,000 drivers of the 44,000 licensed cabbies in the city. It is protesting the city's requirement that credit card readers be installed in all...
- Teamster action hot on heels of Hoffa victory. // Transportation & Distribution;Jan99, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the strikes waged by teamsters in the United States after the victory of James P. Hoffa as president of the Teamsters union. Strike waged by employees of ANDR Advance Transportation company; Information on the National Master Freight Agreement; Strike waged by employees of UPS in...
- CASE NO. 2838: Report in which the Committee requests to be kept informed of developments: THE COMMITTEE'S RECOMMENDATIONS. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2011, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p293
The article discusses the Committee on Freedom of Association's recommendations for approval by the Governing Body. The Committee requests the Greek Government to take necessary steps to ensure that any determination on the minimum service to be made available in the event of a strike results...
- RMT response awaited. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/13/2004, Issue 221, p4
Reports on the anticipation of the announcement of the result of the National Union of Rail, Maritime, and Transport Workers strike ballot over the pay offer from Network Rail. Number of staff who participated in the survey; Reason behind the need for different ballots in strike balloting;...
- LU strikes called off? // Rail Business Intelligence;5/12/2011, Issue 389, p8
The article informs that London Underground (LU) has announced that RMT, the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers, has agreed to call off industrial action scheduled for later this month after the decision of LU to reinstate a driver whose dismissal had been ruled as unfair by...
- T&G warns of bullying culture. // Commercial Motor;9/28/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5197, p7
The article reports on the warning made by the Transport & General Workers Union on the prevalence of bullying against tanker drivers in Great Britain cited during its Oil Trades Conference in September 2006. Tanker drivers are being forced to do more work than they can carry out safely. One of...