Hard Times, Pittsburgh to Forgo Issuance for Capital Projects in 2004
- BUY WAR BONDS--AND HOLD THEM. Masse, Benjamin L. // America;8/7/1943, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p487
The article discusses the implications of purchasing war bonds in the U.S. According to the author, a person who buys war bond shows patriotism to his country, increases victory over the war, prosperity of peace as well as helps the country stabilize its domestic economy. It also offers...
- Pittsburg, Calif., Redevelopment Agency Plans $129M Tax Allocation Bond Sale. Keleman, Jasmine // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p7
Reports on the plan of the Pittsburg, California Redevelopment Agency to sell Series 2004 subordinate-lien tax allocation bonds to fund local development projects and refund outstanding debt, in December 2004. Impetus of the agency's move; Bond amount; Credit strengths.
- Illinois Finance Agency Gives Initial Approval to $1 Billion of Offerings. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32606, p36
The article reports on the initial approval given by the Illinois Finance Authority to $1 billion worth of offerings for funding of schools, universities, a suburban hospital and alternative fuel and clean coal projects. The University of Chicago plans to sell $250 million to finance for capital...
- Michigan Gov. Granholm Proposes New Jobs Program to Spur Growth. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32806, p3
The article reports on a series of programs proposed by Governor Jennifer Granholm, which aim to spur job growth in Michigan. The programs would be funded through the refunding and restructuring of existing debt, new borrowing, and dipping into the state's pension fund. The state will convert...
- Iowa Readies Rare Sale $500 Million to Ease Budgets Until Tax Time. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p1
Reports on Iowa's plans to issue a $500 million tax and revenue anticipation notes by mid-December 2003. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the issue.
- T-Bill Substitute. Friedrich, Klaus // International Economy;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p36
Examines the dispute between Bundesbank and the German Ministry of Finance over managing the country's government bonds. Current arrangement in the issuance of federal debt; Reasons for Germany's reluctance to issue short-term debt; Factors supporting the need for Germany to create a highly...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p28
A list of results of competitive sales of government securities in the U.S. including one by the Santa Cruz County, California, and another by the New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank is presented.
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p36
A result of government bond election in Montana and Wisconsin is presented.
- Washington to sell GOs, fuel-tax GOs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30576, p2
Reports on Washington State's plan to issue general obligation bonds in March 1999. Plan to use bond proceeds to finance state projects.