Virginia, Ohio Transportation Projects Want $350 Million in TIFIA Loans
- Requirements for state and metropolitan transportation... // Public Roads;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the Department of Transportation's proposal for states and metropolitan areas in developing transportation plans and programs. Purpose of the program; Among the subjects that states and metropolitan areas will consider as part of the planning process.
- Widening Horizons. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;12/13/99, Vol. 260 Issue 11, p27
Presents the transportation planning for a trade corridor in the United States. Application at the Department of Transportation; Allocation of budget for trade corridor and border-crossing programs of the Department of Transportation; Transportation consultancy on the Western Transportation...
- DOT to Require V2V Communications on All Light Vehicles. Drubin, Cliff // Microwave Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p65
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Transportation to require vehicle-to-vehicle communication for all light vehicles.
- Notes and Comment. // New Yorker;6/20/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p25
The article reports on the innovation of American supersonic transport (SST) by the U.S. Department of Transportation. The transport is said to lessen noise problems and offer commercial service benefits. The SST has been voted upon and approved with a transportation budget by the House of...
- DOT's New Plan Targets Traffic Congestion. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32383, p1
The article reports on the conceptual plan of the U.S. Department of Transportation to relieve congestion throughout the country's transportation system. The plan includes the requirement of cities to implement a peak-hour toll pricing demonstration project and promotion of an increase in...
- Banks added to lending list. // Overdrive;Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p56
The article reports that U.S. Department of Transportation' Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization has guaranteed 750,000 dollars in loans for eligible small and disadvantaged business.
- Transportation: San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge Project Gets $450 Million TIFIA Loan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;12/06/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31279, p5
Reports on an announcement by the U.S. Department of Transportation regarding a multi-million dollar loan approval to rebuild the damaged San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act program under which the loan was approved; Unique features of the...
- House Members Want Action. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;4/26/99, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p15
Reports the absence of regulations guiding potential applicants for the Transportation Equity Act in the United States. Objectives of the federally guaranteed loans; Need of the Department of Transportation to expedite the loan program; Letter submitted by the bipartisan leadership of the House...
- Amtrak, DOT Hammer Out Temporary Funding Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31420, p4
Reports the loan agreement between the Department of Transportation and rail service provider Amtrak in the U.S. Provision of loan from the Federal Railroad Administration; Initiation of additional cash in operating funds; Enhancement of financial accountability.