Munis Weaken Up to 2 Basis Points; Treasuries Drop on Economic Reports
- Munis Firmer on Lower CPI Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p2
The article reports that the municipal market in the U.S. was firmer on April 17, 2007, taking a cue from Treasuries, as the majority of the economic data came in lower than expected. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower by two or three basis points. Trades reported by the...
- Munis Flat to Firmer on Benign Data, Inflation Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p2
The article reports on the outlook of the municipal bonds in the Treasury market in the U.S. The comments from Federal Reserve officials have invoked inflation concerns despite the flat consumer price data in December. The Department of Labor has also disclosed that the consumer price index...
- Munis Follow Treasuries Higher On Reports Fed Will Stick to Plan. Chesla, Nicoleas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31928, p2
Reports on the state of the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 16, 2004. Plan of the Federal Reserve Board policymakers to tighten rates at a measured pace; Increase in consumer price index in June; Growth of the core rate; Rise in consumer confidence index in July.
- Municipals Fall in Sluggish Session As Holiday Mindset Starts Setting In. Johilson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p2
The article reports on municipal bond market. The municipal bond market finished the week on a softer note amid sluggish activity as trading began to wind down ahead of two abbreviated holiday weeks. Government bonds pared some of their losses before the end of the session but stayed in negative...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 23. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article presents statistical data on economic indicators. Some of the indicators are consumer price index, government securities prices, municipal bond index, and others.
- Municipals End Day Little Changed; Illinois Issues $795 Million of GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p2
Focuses on the little change in municipal bonds with multi-million of general obligation bonds in Illinois. Worth of the general obligation bonds; Rate of inflation in the consumer price index; Projection on the economic indicators.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 14. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p2
Presents charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the United States as of July 14, 2005. Consumer price index; Initial jobless claims; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipal Bonds Pare Early Losses As Weak Stocks Overshadow CPI. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32116, p2
Reports on the ability of municipal bond market to pare most of its early losses to finish unchanged or a touch easier in sympathy with Treasuries as weaker equities overshadowed the negative impact of stronger-than-expected consumer price data. Rise of the consumer price index according to the...
- South Carolina, Iowa Lead the Way As $1.4 Billion in New Deals Arrive. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31783, p2
Municipal bonds firmed yesterday while issuers came to market with more than $1.4 billion in major new deals, featuring a $285 million South Carolina Transportation Infrastructure Bank revenue loan and a $575 million Iowa tax and revenue anticipation note issue. Treasuries rose while equities...