Munis Weaken Up to 2 Basis Points; Treasuries Drop on Economic Reports
- Munis Firmer on Lower CPI Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p2
The article reports that the municipal market in the U.S. was firmer on April 17, 2007, taking a cue from Treasuries, as the majority of the economic data came in lower than expected. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower by two or three basis points. Trades reported by the...
- Munis Flat to Firmer on Benign Data, Inflation Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p2
The article reports on the outlook of the municipal bonds in the Treasury market in the U.S. The comments from Federal Reserve officials have invoked inflation concerns despite the flat consumer price data in December. The Department of Labor has also disclosed that the consumer price index...
- Aggressive Bids, Treasury Rebound Provide Support for Tax--Exempts. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31993, p2
The article focuses on the Municipal bonds finned as aggressive bids for new issues and a rebound in the U.S. Treasury market which provided support to the tax-exempt sector. The primary led the secondary municipal bond market higher as the bid side improved a basis point or two in response to...
- Municipals Fall in Sluggish Session As Holiday Mindset Starts Setting In. Johilson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p2
The article reports on municipal bond market. The municipal bond market finished the week on a softer note amid sluggish activity as trading began to wind down ahead of two abbreviated holiday weeks. Government bonds pared some of their losses before the end of the session but stayed in negative...
- Boosted by Benign CPI Report, Municipal Bonds Finish Higher. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for February 23, 2005. Helped by a benign consumer price index report, municipal bonds finished higher yesterday and longer-dated Treasuries managed to hold on to their gains even as the minutes of the February Federal Open Market...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 23. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article presents statistical data on economic indicators. Some of the indicators are consumer price index, government securities prices, municipal bond index, and others.
- Municipals End Day Little Changed; Illinois Issues $795 Million of GOs. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p2
Focuses on the little change in municipal bonds with multi-million of general obligation bonds in Illinois. Worth of the general obligation bonds; Rate of inflation in the consumer price index; Projection on the economic indicators.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 14. // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p2
Presents charts on the municipal bond market and economic indicators in the United States as of July 14, 2005. Consumer price index; Initial jobless claims; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis End Week Flat to Slightly Weaker. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/16/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32900, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 13, 2008. Despite some gains in the Treasury market, the municipal market is noted to remain flat with yields and trading transactions almost maintaining their level. In related note, the consumer price...