Vietnamese sex workers convicted of illegal immigration
- South Korea: former prostitutes sue pimps. // Off Our Backs;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3/4, p6
Reports on the decision of nine former prostitutes in South Korea to file lawsuits demanding damages from pimps who pressed them into prostitution when they were minors. Consideration for the law on youth protection.
- The freedom to conform is not freedom at all. Garro, Julia // Xtra (Toronto);11/23/2006, Issue 576, p24
The article comments on an advertising campaign against child prostitution launched by the Sexual Exploitation Education and Awareness Coalition of Toronto (SEEACT). The SEEACT campaign assumes that no one would choose to be a sex worker of their own free will. It asserts that many people opt...
- "Wouldn't a Boy Do?" Placing Early-Twentieth-Century Male Youth Sex Work into Histories of Sexuality. ROMESBURG, DON // Journal of the History of Sexuality;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p367
The article presents an overview of research which has looked at male youth sex work in the early 20th century in the United States and has examined it in terms of cultural and racial differences, homosexual youth sex, juvenile delinquents and heterosexual sex work. A discussion of the...
- Ever-younger children are targets of a growing international `sex tourism' trade. Ayres, Ed // World Watch;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 7 Issue 4, News Release p1
Focuses on the present growth and pervasiveness of sex-tourism industry in Thailand. Role of the economic policy given by the World Bank in 1971; Key findings regarding the sex trade in Thailand; Growing supply of children to the sex trade due to worsening poverty worldwide; Child prostitution...
- World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, 'Legal protection,' Background Document, Stockholm, Sweden, August 28, 1996. // Trends in Organized Crime;Summer1998, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p58
Presents an excerpt from a background document of the World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children entitled `Legal Protection,' dated August 28, 1996.
- World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, 'Trafficking Routes,' Fact Sheet, Stockholm, Sweden, August 28, 1996. // Trends in Organized Crime;Summer1998, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p59
Presents an excerpt from the Fact Sheet of the World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children entitled `Trafficking Routes,' dated August 28, 1996.
- 'Sex Ring Allegedly Exploits Asian Children in Dozen Nations,' Associated Press, November 8, 1997. // Trends in Organized Crime;Summer1998, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p66
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Sex Ring Allegedly Exploits Asian Children in Dozen Nations,' which appeared in the Associated Press dated November 8, 1997.
- Sex tourism and the sexual exploitation of children. Smolenski, Carol // Christian Century;11/15/95, Vol. 112 Issue 33, p1079
Focuses on the sexual exploitation of children, particularly in the Far East. Big business being brought about the said kind of crime; Some of the factors which contribute to the big increase in sex trade involving children; Formation of the organization called End Child Prostitution in Asian...
- Targeted sexual exploitation of children and women in India: Policy perspectives on Devadasi system. Sathyanarayana, T. N.; Babu, Giridhara R. // Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health;May/Jun2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p157
This paper introduces an alternative comprehensive approach to reduce sexual exploitation and child prostitution. The paper focuses on female devadasi temple prostitutes (Child sex workers but popularly understood as temple prostitutes in the name of dedication to deity) children in South India...