Vietnamese sex workers convicted of illegal immigration
- South Korea: former prostitutes sue pimps. // Off Our Backs;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3/4, p6
Reports on the decision of nine former prostitutes in South Korea to file lawsuits demanding damages from pimps who pressed them into prostitution when they were minors. Consideration for the law on youth protection.
- CANADA:. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/23/2013, pA02
CANADA: The Supreme Court struck down key parts of an anti-prostitution law on the grounds that they could endanger sex workers.
- Say cheese. COX, DANIEL ALLEN // Capital Xtra (Ottawa);11/19/2008, Issue 196, p11
The article presents a message addressed to Canadian Member of Parliament Thomas Mulcair from a former sex-trade worker. The author supports efforts by the New Democratic Party to convince people that harm-reduction strategies based on social realities are better for sex workers and marginalized...
- The freedom to conform is not freedom at all. Garro, Julia // Xtra (Toronto);11/23/2006, Issue 576, p24
The article comments on an advertising campaign against child prostitution launched by the Sexual Exploitation Education and Awareness Coalition of Toronto (SEEACT). The SEEACT campaign assumes that no one would choose to be a sex worker of their own free will. It asserts that many people opt...
- CEE/CA: Report calls for decriminalization of sex work. Betterridge, Glenn // HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Apr2006, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p29
The article focuses on the report released by the Central and Eastern European Harm Reduction Network in December 2005 calling for the decriminalization of sex work in the 27 countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The report emphasizes that the increase in sex work was driven...
- Reports call for end to harms caused by Criminal Code prohibitions surrounding prostitution. Betteridge, Glenn // Canadian HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review;Aug2004, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p22
Offers a look at two reports that call for the repeal of the Criminal Code prohibitions on activities related to the sex trade in Canada. Reference to the report "Voices for Dignity: A Call to End the Harms Caused by Canada's Sex Trade Laws," by the Pivot Legal Society; Release of the report...
- "Wouldn't a Boy Do?" Placing Early-Twentieth-Century Male Youth Sex Work into Histories of Sexuality. ROMESBURG, DON // Journal of the History of Sexuality;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p367
The article presents an overview of research which has looked at male youth sex work in the early 20th century in the United States and has examined it in terms of cultural and racial differences, homosexual youth sex, juvenile delinquents and heterosexual sex work. A discussion of the...
- Ever-younger children are targets of a growing international `sex tourism' trade. Ayres, Ed // World Watch;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 7 Issue 4, News Release p1
Focuses on the present growth and pervasiveness of sex-tourism industry in Thailand. Role of the economic policy given by the World Bank in 1971; Key findings regarding the sex trade in Thailand; Growing supply of children to the sex trade due to worsening poverty worldwide; Child prostitution...
- World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, 'Legal protection,' Background Document, Stockholm, Sweden, August 28, 1996. // Trends in Organized Crime;Summer1998, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p58
Presents an excerpt from a background document of the World Congress Against Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children entitled `Legal Protection,' dated August 28, 1996.