- Florida Water Eager to Close Sale As Suits, PSC Question Authority. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p1
Reports that pending lawsuits could affect the validity of the entity that plans to issue multi-million dollar bonds to purchase Florida Water Services Corp., according to the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC). Market conditions that could impact the sale price of bonds; Obstacles faced...
- Palm Coast, Fla., Readies Its First Debt Sale in Deal for Water Services. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p4
Reports on the negotiation of the government on the pricing of revenue bonds in Palm Coast, Florida. Use of the proceeds to purchase private water and sewer facilities owned by Florida Water Services Inc.; Population of the city; Rating of the offering given by Fitch Ratings.
- Gulf Breeze, Fla., Council Suspends $545M Deal for Water Purchase. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31530, p36
Reports on the postponement of issuing multi-million dollars of revenue bonds by the Gulf Breeze City Council required to close the transaction with Florida Water Services Corp. announced on December 9, 2002. Notification of Allete Inc. to its investors about the delay in sale; Denial of the...
- Florida Review Sought. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31559, p1
Reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush has asked attorney general Charlie Crist to review the purchase of Orlando-based company Florida Water Services Corp. with tax-exempt bonds. Violation of the state 'Sunshine Law' during joint purchase of the company by the Florida Water Services Authority...
- Opponents of Florida Water Deal Take Case to Congress. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p4
Focuses on the dispute involved in the sale of the tax-exempt revenue bonds of the privately held Florida Water Services Corp. Total value of bonds; Demands of the people opposing the sale; Common attorneys involved in the case.
- ALABAMA: Birmingham Picks New Mayor. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p9
The article presents the tentative election results for mayor in Birmingham, Alabama. The result indicates that Jefferson County Commissioner Larry Langford appeared to have edged out nine other opponents with 50.3% of votes to win the nonpartisan race. It states that incumbent Bernard Kincaid,...
- Florida Water Must Wait for PSC Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p1
Focuses on a multi-million dollar bond issue by the Florida Water Services Authority that was delayed due to a court injunction to the state Public Service Commission (PSC) regarding the sale of Florida Water Services Corp. Purpose behind the sale of bonds; Customers who will be affected by the...
- Supporters Fear Gov. Bush May Hold Water Bill Hostage. // Bond Buyer;7/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31671, p3
Reports on consternation among lawmakers regarding the postponement of sale of revenue bonds owned by Florida Water Service Corp. due to Florida governor Jeb Bush's debate with lawmakers on certain issues. Number of lobbyists working for Florida Water Services in the state; Effect of lack of...
- Brandeis Sells $25M Through New Conduit. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31772, p4
Reports on Brandeis University's $25 million bond issue in Massachusetts. Structure of the deal; Demand for Kansas bonds; Use of proceeds from the issues.