S&P Drops Pittsburgh to Junk Status
- Berryessa USD, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p27
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Inc. has raised the credit ratings of the general obligation bonds of Berryessa Union School District, California to AA-minus.
- S&P Boosts L.A. County POBs and Lease Revenue Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p39
The article reports on the upgrade of Los Angeles, California's pension obligation bonds and lease revenue debt ratings to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to analyst David Hitchcock, Standard & Poor's also assigned a new AA-minus issuer credit rating, effectively replacing...
- Statutory Liens for Muni Defaults Not a Game Changer: S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p34
The article presents the view of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services that certain bonds secured by statutory liens are not a game changer for local government credit ratings.
- Crushed Cleveland Gets S & P Downgrade Ahead of $65M Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p36
Reports on the downgrade in the rating for the general obligation bonds prepared for sale in Cleveland, Ohio by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason behind the downgrade; Proceeds of the bond sale; Schedule on the pricing of the bonds.
- S&P Upgrades Orange County, Calif., Ahead of $82M Refunding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p1
Focuses on the effort of Standard & Poor's Corp. in upgrading the issuer credit rating of Orange County, California. Amount intended for the bond refunding; Offer of ad valorem taxes; Financial flexibility of discretionary revenues and expenditures.
- Midwestern U. Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the improvement of rating for Midwestern University by Standard & Poor's Corp. into the single A category with the refunding of school in Arizona. Worth of the refunding program; Impact of the upgrade with debt of the school; Factors influencing the upgrade.
- N.Y.C. Sets $850M Debt Sale for Next Week. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32167, p36
Reports on the plans of the New York City to sell tax-exempt fixed-rate bonds. Rating of New York City's general obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service, Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's.
- Tulsa County, Okla., Lowered to AA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has lowered its rating on Tulsa County, Oklahoma's unlimited-tax general obligation bonds based on the county's recently deteriorated financial performance and general fund position.
- Connecticut Affirmed by S&P After Gov. Resigns. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p2
Reports on the designation of AA ratings to Connecticut's economic recovery general obligation (GO) notes and outstanding GO debt by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Values of the GO notes and GO debt; Views of analysts on the rating; Implication for the stable outlook for the GO notes and...